Drumcore Prime

cclarry

I was a Kitcore user, Drumcore replaced the old 32 bit plugin. I have never got multi outs to work in either Cakewalk or Studio One for different reasons.

Those kits are pretty long in the tooth now. The MIDI is very good but in a proprietary format and not as extensive as one has come to expect from the leading players.

The main interest for most would be the audio loops, not something I use but they sound pretty good.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I was a Kitcore user, Drumcore replaced the old 32 bit plugin. I have never got multi outs to work in either Cakewalk or Studio One for different reasons.

Those kits are pretty long in the tooth now. The MIDI is very good but in a proprietary format and not as extensive as one has come to expect from the leading players.

The main interest for most would be the audio loops, not something I use but they sound pretty good.

Yeah, I'm not sure they ever got the mutli-outs to work in Cakewalk.

It is another add on pack, but the Billy Martin expansion remains my favorite kit out of any drum software.  I just love the sound of his kit and the recording is clearly of his actual kit.

All depends on what you are looking for, but some of the kits in there I think are way better than the standard generic affair we get with all the other packs.  There is something to be said about a legit drummers that spent decades getting a matched yet unique sound.   So many of the kits in other programs sound like someone walked into guitar center and started playing the generic kit that works on most things, but has little personality.  I think DrumCore is great to getting outside of that sound.  

THe loops do sound good, but I personally wish there was a better system to not download those.  They just take up a ton of un-necessary space for me, as I generally use something like Jamstix to drive the kits...and if not, I want the freedom of midi to adjust the grooves....the loops end up serving no purpose as I don't want the regitiy of them and I'm not a slice and dicer that would put them in a sampler to mix them up....that to me seems like the point of using MIDI in the first place.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1