Modified "Humanize" CAL script

Note: I looked for a place to share this in the Content forums, but everything there is very specific and I didn't see a good place to post this, probably because it doesn't seem CAL is widely used or supported anymore....

My projects use alot of MIDI, but I've been frustrated by CbB's "HUMANIZE" CAL script. Being a programmer, I decided to delve into it a bit and discovered that the script is using the length of a note to randomize the start of the event. This breaks when you have very long notes mixed with short notes and you end up with a hot mess. 

I wrote a modified version of the script that will randomize the velocity and start of the event in ticks based on a maximum offset value you give it and I'd like to share it with anyone that can use it. Look in Preferences / File / Folder Locations to see where to put it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10dsSl8S8rzMMYPr9yZlJ58oYWHvOPbgv/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Fred's Gratis Scores
  • Thanks 2

Thanks guys . . . I still use CAL from time to time, thought I had them all . . . forgot you can roll your own . . . but alas, I'm no programmer, just a consumer.

Thanks for all your time and effort, hope I can figure these out. (and not be such a quantize monkey)

Edited by noynekker

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Jakub said:
On 4/21/2021 at 11:01 AM, Rogério said:

That's great!

Also check my Humanize Plus I made some years ago.

Hello Rogerio.

I tried to use Your scripts, downloaded both files into the same directory and when I run the main script I am getting such error: 

image.png.4fdf346acadf91a81318defc72b5f66b.png

What am I doing wrong?

The error indicates the file you downloaded is an html document not a CAL script.

The link in Rogerio's post is to an old forum post. The link to the actual CAL script is near the bottom of the post Rogerio linked in his post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Those scripts are great but they are lacking function that prevents notes from overlapping so it ould be used to instruments like flute. Anyone knows script or free MIdI plugin that would have such function?

Edited by ancjava