Lyric View video?

Pathfinder

So, after decades I decided to see if I could add lyrics to my midi files and have them play like a Karaoke file-IOW, lyrics\bars stay in time with music. 
I can add lyrics in lyric view but read I had to add them in Staff view. Go confused. Still confused.

Any videos on how to do this or does CW not have this capability? Which would be understandable...................

hope this makes sense.

Thanks as always!

Yes, adding lyrics in staff view is the way to do that, but you have to have the melody notated to do so.   If you add lyrics to a melody and export a midi file, the lyrics will transfer with it.

One trick I use...type lyrics out in a word processing doc. Use the "snipping" app available in Windows to take a snap shot and save as a .gif or .jpg file.  Load this into CW  by importing a video (you  tell CW to look for all files not just video).  You will have a window that shows your lyrics,  although they wont follow the music.

If I need lyrics to follow the music, use the "snipping" tool to create a line or two at a time and create a movie in any simple video editing program. Render a  .avi file and load that into CW.

I do this a lot.  You do it once and becomes very easy and fast.

• Great Idea 2