Arturia releasing Pigments 3 Today! Free upgrade!

abacab

22 minutes ago, Monomox said:

Are you being ironic? 

In this forum you can only refer to MSRPs ironically, that's rule #3 of the Lars Club

Yeah, I suppose I was. I paid $100 for Pigments 2 when it was 50% off. No way I was gonna do $200!

But the main rule of the Lars club, is never, never pay full price! 🙄

• Great Idea 1

32 minutes ago, abacab said:

...But the main rule of the Lars club, is never, never pay full price! 🙄

And really...never pay more than half price if you have the fortitude to not be "the first one on the block (forum)" to have it!

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

It might be my setup, but I am finding some inconsistencies with it in AnalogLab V. If i try Pigments 3.0 presets in AnalogLab 5 , I get errors stating you need a newer version of AnalogLab 5. But the presets work fine in standalone and also in NI Komplete Kontrol. I checked and I am at AnalogLab 5.1.0.1325. Maybe need to wait for Arturia to patch AL 5. Other than that, seems to be no issues and also seems same system resource usage as Pigements 2.

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

It might be my setup, but I am finding some inconsistencies with it in AnalogLab V. If i try Pigments 3.0 presets in AnalogLab 5 , I get errors stating you need a newer version of AnalogLab 5. But the presets work fine in standalone and also in NI Komplete Kontrol. I checked and I am at AnalogLab 5.1.0.1325. Maybe need to wait for Arturia to patch AL 5. Other than that, seems to be no issues and also seems same system resource usage as Pigements 2.

I'm having the same issue.  We'll have to wait for Arturia to fix Analog Lab V.

11 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Thanks. I’ve had Pigments since v2 and have a Morph. Good combo, but this video predates the new sound packs for v3. Pigments 2 had some MPE specific presets and I’m just wondering if the Spectrum packs have more MPE presets. 

I don't have an MPE controller yet, so can't say for sure. But that video stated that many Pigments factory presets (pre-v3) had out of the box MPE compatibility.

In any case, it's only $19 to find out, and you get 500 more interesting presets either way. If not, you can always tweak them for your MPE playing style!

I've got a Morph saved in my wish list (in-stock) at an online seller, but I think I'll hold out for a Roli Seaboard Block. Unfortunately those appear to be out-of-stock everywhere and back ordered until July at the earliest.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2021 at 3:19 PM, Fleer said:

$49 crossgrade (including the Spectrum sound pack) from V Collection 4

Would have jumped at $19

Considering that the Spectrum sound pack cost 20$ to current users, the synth itself would cost you 29$ in that package. Be reasonable lol

Edited by Yan Filiatrault

6 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Considering that the Spectrum sound pack cost 20$ to current users, the synth itself would cost you 29$ in that package. Be reasonable lol

I think I paid $29 for Waves Element 2. Not even in the same league!!! 😂

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, abacab said:

I don't have an MPE controller yet, so can't say for sure. But that video stated that many Pigments factory presets (pre-v3) had out of the box MPE compatibility.

In any case, it's only $19 to find out, and you get 500 more interesting presets either way. If not, you can always tweak them for your MPE playing style!

I've got a Morph saved in my wish list (in-stock) at an online seller, but I think I'll hold out for a Roli Seaboard Block. Unfortunately those appear to be out-of-stock everywhere and back ordered until July at the earliest.

The Morph is really versatile and tons of fun.  I think it would be more bang for the buck than the Block.  The Morph does provide more tactile feedback/texture than you might think.

52 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

The Morph does provide more tactile feedback/texture than you might think.

I don't doubt that one bit. Not MPE, but I have a CME Xkey 25 (USB).

Love the low profile keys. Real easy to gliss over them, and fun to solo with. Have adjusted the velocity and channel aftertouch somewhat, so that it is more expressive that my standard MIDI keyboard. The next step up will be MPE for sure! :)

CME Xkey 25.jpg

Edited by abacab

14 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Same here. And just to clarify, it appears to only be affecting the new presets. Both the 3.0 factory sounds, as well as the new Spectrum Sound Pack for 3.0 give the same error.

The older presets work fine in Analog Lab 5. No update for it yet in ASC though.

I'm a newbie to Pigments and Arturia.  I'm running the Pigments3 demo for now.  I wanted to audition the Spectrum Sound Pack.  I downloaded one of the five of them - Amethyst.  I double clicked the .exe file and it installed.  It shows installed in Win10 Programs and Features.  When I go into Pigments, the regular patches are there but I can't seem to locate the extra Amethyst patches.  I don't see it under My Banks.   Can someone please tell me how the whole sound pack thing works?   Maybe it doesn't work with demo?

Also, I was surprised it didn't get installed thru the Arturia Software Center App.  

Edited by craigr68