Bandlab embedded link to song (answered)

paulo

Question

In the songs forum when people show the link to their song as the bandlab version of the soundcloud type player are they supposed to work right there in the post like YT videos do?

I can only access them by  clicking where it says bandlab which takes me to another page or is that how it's meant to work and what looks like a player is just a regular link by way of an image?

Edited by paulo

6 answers to this question

It depends on which Browser you’re using. I normally use Firefox in which embedded BandLab hosted songs are just displayed as images. You would need Chrome to be able to play them directly. I have now bookmarked the Songs forum in Chrome just for that.

Yeah, I know.

On 12/27/2018 at 8:31 AM, Canopus said:

It depends on which Browser you’re using. I normally use Firefox in which embedded BandLab hosted songs are just displayed as images. You would need Chrome to be able to play them directly. I have now bookmarked the Songs forum in Chrome just for that.

Yeah, I know.

Can you please explain (visually) how we embed the song in a post? 

When I use the following value (from Embedded) into the link dialog, while in Chrome, I only get a standard link.

<iframe width="480" height="480" src="https://www.bandlab.com/embed/?id=370f1e39-3159-e811-80c3-00155d6537a3&blur=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Bapu

On 12/30/2018 at 2:40 PM, Bapu said:

I've tried this with YouTube and Soundcloud, and for both of them I just entered the URL of the video or clip, and boom! Embedded. I gather you're trying to do this with a song hosted on Bandlab? Sorry, can't help you there. But maybe if the song appears on a page with its own URL you could try that.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:40 PM, Bapu said:

I don't know if you've already got the answer elsewhere in this forum, but if not:  just click on the button "Embed BandLab Post" in the toolbar and paste the URL for the song. And hey presto.

• Thanks 1