Edilades, pop

kakku

Nice! I listened to it pretty loud - those are some great synths!

One idea - when it's loud, the synths are very bright in the mix, and the  lower drums like kick and snare seem very pale. I don't know what you are using for monitors, but I think the shine is tilted towards the upper range.

Do you have a filter? In your intro you could filter in the kick drum. Just another thought.

The outtro groove is really extra catchy!!!

cheers!

-Tom

Edited by emeraldsoul
  • Thanks 1

Nice tune.  🙂
Synth sound too bright for me on my monitors but playing is nice.
Bring down the bass a little bit more??

Reminds me of one of those songs that you used to hear when you went to Spain on holiday.  🙂
Maybe its just me…  but has an 80's vibe to it.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Nice! I listened to it pretty loud - those are some great synths!

One idea - when it's loud, the synths are very bright in the mix, and the  lower drums like kick and snare seem very pale. I don't know what you are using for monitors, but I think the shine is tilted towards the upper range.

Do you have a filter? In your intro you could filter in the kick drum. Just another thought.

The outtro groove is really extra catchy!!!

cheers!

-Tom

Thanks. I use headphones for mixing. Good tips. Maybe I will return to it later to improve it

On 4/6/2019 at 11:21 AM, garybrun said:

Nice tune.  🙂
Synth sound too bright for me on my monitors but playing is nice.
Bring down the bass a little bit more??

Reminds me of one of those songs that you used to hear when you went to Spain on holiday.  🙂
Maybe its just me…  but has an 80's vibe to it.

Thanks. Maybe I mix it better later. Bass should always be played loud although it could be a bit less loud in this tune

Edited by kakku

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Kakku,

It's really great to see you on the new forum and to hear a new song from you!😀

This is a great sounding piece of dance electronica, with excellent synth work and composition, great playing and lots of cool melodies!

The modern sounding mix sounds clean, wide and punchy, and I could easily imagine hearing this being played in a dance club in any big city.

Excellent work, my friend, very cool song!👍

Best wishes,
Bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bob Oister said:

Hi, Kakku,

It's really great to see you on the new forum and to hear a new song from you!😀

This is a great sounding piece of dance electronica, with excellent synth work and composition, great playing and lots of cool melodies!

The modern sounding mix sounds clean, wide and punchy, and I could easily imagine hearing this being played in a dance club in any big city.

Excellent work, my friend, very cool song!👍

Best wishes,
Bob

Thanks Bob. You are too kind

I missed this one, but I finally caught up.  This is very bright, poppy, and happy sounding as dance songs go.  I'd like to hear this played over some large speakers and subs, like in a club.  I'll bet people wouldn't be able to stay off the dance floor.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Lynn said:

I missed this one, but I finally caught up.  This is very bright, poppy, and happy sounding as dance songs go.  I'd like to hear this played over some large speakers and subs, like in a club.  I'll bet people wouldn't be able to stay off the dance floor.

Thanks Lynn. Many say that my tunes are happy, but I think they are often melancholic in nature