BFD launches new website

Carlos  Iglesias

BFD 3.4.2.4 released ... https://forum.bfddrums.com/t/bfd3-4-2-4-released/868:

Hi everyone, BFD3.4.2.4 has now been released.

This build addresses:

• Offline usage: expansion packs should now work properly! And this time, we really mean it!
  • The BFD3 installer will check if License Manager is open and active, and will refuse to install.
  • License Manager online access checks should be more robust for users based in China.
  • LM 3-0-3-1 included.
  • Windows version now comes as a self-extracting .EXE file.
  • Visual Studio Runtime Redistributable runs automatically as part of BFDIS script if no previous installation detected.
  • Multi-threaded scan (faster / less hangy boot)
  • Fix for 5-sec scan loop that can sometimes occur.

Follow the link above for specific upgrade instructions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ALC said:

What about the drum plugins I do have?  SSD, MODO, BFD?  How would those compare?

I’m not ready to spend hundreds more for SD at this point.

as you already own them why not give them a try and see which you prefer ?

5 hours ago, simon said:

as you already own them why not give them a try and see which you prefer ?

That’s the plan.  Just wanted to glean any insights/opinions/experiences from the expert readership.  Also, I won’t be the one playing.  A real drummer would be.  Would be interesting to compare perceptions—if it’s a noticeable step up from the built-in Roland TD17 sounds, for the drummer, and in the live mix.

Edited by ALC

The BFD Installer is not very "Intuitive".  In order to see the updates/version you have to click on the product in the upper window,
and the version/updates will show up in the lower window.  It won't "automatically" show the updates

On my download the installer came within a sub folder of the BFD Drums folder, and the sub-folder contains the version number. Also when you first open BFD, the version will show on the flash screen, albeit in pretty small print.

Edited by LAGinz
  • Like 1