BFD launches new website

Carlos  Iglesias

3 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Got my Z Pack replacement serial from Drew. Its currently downloading now.
When upgrading to InMusic BFD I did not have to reinstall/download the core BFD set only the update; it linked to the previous BFD 3 installation.

Since I have super fast download speed I decided to install all content from the BFD installer to a new location and deleted the old fxpansion install folder as I'm concerned it might have implications down the road. Safe != Sorry.

Edited by Bapu

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

Got my Z Pack replacement serial. Its installing now.

How'd you get the replacement? I've so far had unproductive conversations with Support. Just posted on Drew's BF Forum thread, but couldn't send a PM for some reason.

15 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

How'd you get the replacement? I've so far had unproductive conversations with Support. Just posted on Drew's BF Forum thread, but couldn't send a PM for some reason.

@LAGinz PM in the Drew's BFD Forum. Got it within 30 minutes. Easy Peasy.

As of today, I'm pretty happy with transition from fxpansion to BFD Drums. Yeah there was some trivial pain but as most of you know this is my home studio so delays in installs are not lost revenue or customers for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grem said:

I can't seem to find a way to PM Drew in the BFD Forum. Any ideas? Point me in the right direction?

I sent a PM to Drew via his KVR account  "Amberience"
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6234

He will need your:

> FXpansion username

> Product serial number(s)

> inMusic Profile username

Edited by TheSteven

10 hours ago, Grem said:

I can't seem to find a way to PM Drew in the BFD Forum. Any ideas? Point me in the right direction?

I just hovered my mouse over his handle in the BFD forum thread and a popup appeared with an envelope icon and I clicked on that. 

Edited by Bapu

InMusic is missing the boat here...they have a prime opportunity to sell expansions 
by putting them on sale right now...as people will be excited about the new update to BFD,
and the move to InMusic, and would probably buy expansions due to that excitement, if the price were right...

Just MO....YMMV

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

22 hours ago, Bapu said:

I decided to install all content from the BFD installer to a new location and deleted the old fxpansion install folder

This is looking like the way to go despite the considerable download hit. I tried consolidating expansions (across BFD versions 1.5, 2 and 3) into a single "uniform" BFD folder and got hit with a pile of yellow triangles (missing/unauthorized content) for existing expansions that had been "successfully" migrated and authorized. I was able to recover one without reinstalling, but had to re-download another and then delete existing paths and run "Search Folder" again.  Copying files from the backup drive did not work. 

They have a lot to fix, but the content is looking usable atm. I was planning to start in on the registry/duplicate folders/redundant content after finishing up current projects, but it's most likely smarter to wait for the next release of the license manager... 

25 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I wonder if Eco will be able to read the new versions of the expansion packs.

Given this 

"Previous versions of BFD such as BFD1, BFD2, BFD Eco, and BFD Lite are long discontinued and no longer available."

and this

"Factory Audio Content from BFD 1/2/Eco cannot be used with BFD 3.4;"

I doubt the reverse is supported. It was a bit of work getting the new version to support the existing content...

• Like 1

@TheSteven @Bapu thanks for the direction. Appreciate it.

6 hours ago, LAGinz said:

I didn’t get the envelope icon either.

That's why I was asking, I didn't see one either. Thought maybe I couldn't see the forest for the trees.

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

InMusic is missing the boat here...they have a prime opportunity to sell expansions

Yes they are. I would buy at least a couple if not more depending on the price. I don't have any of the BFD expansion kits.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jackson white said:

Given this 

"Previous versions of BFD such as BFD1, BFD2, BFD Eco, and BFD Lite are long discontinued and no longer available."

and this

"Factory Audio Content from BFD 1/2/Eco cannot be used with BFD 3.4;"

I doubt the reverse is supported. It was a bit of work getting the new version to support the existing content...

Yeah, tried it, but didn’t work.  In certain of its earlier versions it recognized full BFD packs even if it wasn’t supposed to. I have the full BFD,  but always found Eco pretty useful on my laptop. I’ve always loved the sounds of BFD, in general . The genius of Toontrack, OTOH, is that they’ve made their system absolutely seamless. Hoping InMusic is able to finally do that for BFD 3.

5 hours ago, LAGinz said:

The genius of Toontrack, OTOH, is that they’ve made their system absolutely seamless. Hoping InMusic is able to finally do that for BFD 3.

Yes, this would be a great development.

Update: I got through to Drew and he promptly sent a new serial # for my Zildjian ZP1. Registered it with no hitch and am d/l now. 

Edited by Grem
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Bought BFD ECO on eBay for $27.26, then upgraded to BFD 3 for $49.  Got BFD Horsepower as the freebie for upgrading, then BFD London Sessions for having BFD ECO (requested via BFD forum).  Took a while to get it all sorted out ... didn't work at first (authentication issues), but now it seems to be working with the latest update.

Now, I have SSD 5.5 ($50), MODO DRUM (from group buy), Jamstix 4 (BF), and now BFD 3 (not to mention all the kits in SampleTank 4 MAX).  I'm thinking that I don't need Superior Drums (too $$$$) ... at least for a while, until I feel limited with what I have.

I can play but not to the level of a real drummer, but I'm interested in auditioning with my real drummer friend to figure out the best virtual kits for live e-drums.  Which one has the best cymbals?

8 hours ago, ALC said:

I can play but not to the level of a real drummer, but I'm interested in auditioning with my real drummer friend to figure out the best virtual kits for live e-drums.  Which one has the best cymbals?

superior drummer 3  (IMO) - always been better with v-drums

Hihat control is much better, especially the transitions between open/halfclosed/closed

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, simon said:

superior drummer 3  (IMO) - always been better with v-drums

Hihat control is much better, especially the transitions between open/halfclosed/closed

What about the drum plugins I do have?  SSD, MODO, BFD?  How would those compare?

I’m not ready to spend hundreds more for SD at this point.

Edited by ALC