BFD launches new website

Carlos  Iglesias

this is a no brainer for sure! Ive  wanted to get bfd3,  but I didnt want to spend $300 for it.   I've had BFD eco for many years,  but dont use it. I think I got it for $20 or something very low.   So, for only $50, you get BFD3 and $384 worth of additional packs.  That's a pretty good deal!  You have to jump through a few hoops,  but not too bad.  Thanks to the info already provided on this thread, I was able to get it all going relatively ez.  

Edited by Hugh Mann
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Bapu said:

"- Zildjian SP1, SP2, and ZP1 are discontinued. They were discontinued at FXpansion even before ROLI purchased us. They were re-released as the BFD Zildjian Digital Vaults. Vol 1 library. If you get in touch with support, they should be able to issue you a serial number for the updated pack. You'll be able to download that, install it, and be good to go."

Which support? ROLI? Fxpansion? InMusic? BFDDrums.com?

Clear as mud.

I went to ROLI support and their support ticket system will not let me get to talking about the  BFD Zildjian Digital Vaults. Vol 1 package. They tell me to go to BDFDrums.com support.

Circular logic that is.

I also contacted esoundz about all their BDF2/BFD3 kits and they basically said they had no plans to make them 3.4 available.

I have one kit from Platinum Samples (Andy John's Classic Drums) for BFD2/BFD3. I sent support an email about it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bapu said:

Which support?

https://inmusicbrands.force.com/BFDHelp/s/article/BFD-Migration-Frequently-Asked-Questions

Have to assume this link makes the most sense, as it's the new BFD Drums license manager that isn't enabling the content. There's a "Contact Support" button below the fold on the right which leads to this;

https://inmusicbrands.force.com/BFDHelp/s/contactsupport

I also cc'd Drew given what we know and how "well" the new website works, I expect it will take some time to plug the holes and get a new case of duct tape. 

Also taking issue with the comment that some older/3rd party packs have been discontinued = unusable. IIRC, it used to be possible to load these and any missing features (i.e. "hit" vs "bell/bow/edge") would display as greyed out/unavailable. The missing features could/would be populated with the available hit so any existing templates/MIDI files could still be used with minimal disruption/rework.  

Anything that needs re-authing, we are of course using the new serial numbers from the new site?.

Everyone is on Win10 v1909 or later?

I'm still on 1903 and happy there, thus I haven't tried installing 3.4 as yet, all I've done is the site to site migration thing and that went without a hitch.

After I make a backup copy of my System drive and my BFD drive I 'll let Win10 update to 1909 and give it a whirl.

19 hours ago, Bapu said:

"- Zildjian SP1, SP2, and ZP1 are discontinued. They were discontinued at FXpansion even before ROLI purchased us. They were re-released as the BFD Zildjian Digital Vaults. Vol 1 library. If you get in touch with support, they should be able to issue you a serial number for the updated pack. You'll be able to download that, install it, and be good to go."

Which support? ROLI? Fxpansion? InMusic? BFDDrums.com?

Clear as mud.

Ditto

Can only hope this is a classic darkness before the dawn scenario, but BFD3  will not even launch unless your internet is connected.

- The standalone blinks and disappears. No message or clue of any kind.

- An existing instance in a project displays a dialog saying "unauthorized" and I need to rerun the License Manager. Which I had to do even after reconnecting my internet connection. 

BFD has been by far my preferred VST for drums and would love to see them succeed, but this is so mindboggling clueless, I don't know what to say. 

I'm working on rolling back and will be looking for opinions and experience with SD3 in the "Instruments & Effects". 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jackson white said:

Can only hope this is a classic darkness before the dawn scenario, but BFD3  will not even launch unless your internet is connected.

- The standalone blinks and disappears. No message or clue of any kind.

- An existing instance in a project displays a dialog saying "unauthorized" and I need to rerun the License Manager. Which I had to do even after reconnecting my internet connection. 

BFD has been by far my preferred VST for drums and would love to see them succeed, but this is so mindboggling clueless, I don't know what to say. 

I'm working on rolling back and will be looking for opinions and experience with SD3 in the "Instruments & Effects". 

same issue here.   what a bummer.  i dont want to have to be online to use the software. thats crazy.  When I tried to authorize offline,  its not possible.  Reading all the documentation points to a work off line button.  however,  that button does not exist.  I see no other way to authorize offline.  bummer.  Sounds great though and im happy to have it for so cheap.  But this part sucks.  what are they thinking?

Slightly off topic: Rail from Platinum Samples says once they get specs on new installer form InMusic they will upgrade their BFD3 libraries to be compatible. YAY!

But Sonic Reality/Esoundz says they don't expect both OSX (Catallina) to be commercial, and I think (another clear as mud explanation) they will not be upgrading to InMusic installer for their BFD3 orfferings (I really hope I misunderstood that explanation).

Edited by Bapu
  • Thanks 1

I actually talked to a real human being at InMusic this morning about the problems I was having migrating my Zildjian Digital Vault stuff. She took down all the data  and said they would try to fix it for me. I guess we'll see.

Edited by LAGinz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LAGinz said:

I actually talked to a real human being at InMusic this morning about the problems I was having migrating my Zildjian Digital Vault stuff. She took down all the data  and said they would try to fix it for me. I guess we'll see.

Please share in detail what the resolution is.

Originally Posted by Amberience (Drew)

Hey all,
I'm sure there will be an official communication at some point, but a few bulletpoints:

We've hit some technical snags on getting everyone the Eldorado and London Sessions packs. But it will definitely happen. We're also going to make it so that migrations moving forward will get those packs automatically - watch this space.

Same as above, but with the Zildjian Digital Vaults. Vol 1 pack to replace the SP1/SP2/ZP1 packs.

There is a BFD 3.4.1.x build in progress that will address:

Sluggishness on start-up.

Expansion packs not being available when offline

License Manager failing to connect to the internet sometimes

Migration of user-files being broken, not copying all files, and being executed even on clean systems without prior installations.

Just wanted to give everyone an update.

• Thanks 1

Managed to get a hold of BFD support about BFD2 samples not working with BFD 3.4. The reply was “I am afraid that I cannot guarantee these samples to work unless you already owned the London Sessions before migrating.” So I was expected to purchase this twice? Come on BFD - there’s a big market out there and your customers are not idiots and just might go elsewhere!

11 hours ago, Bapu said:

Please share in detail what the resolution is.

Was told today they are aware of the issue with the Zildjian stuff and there will be a “new content” update that will somehow fix it. No ETA.

12 hours ago, Fret Flintstone said:

Originally Posted by Amberience (Drew)

Hey all,
I'm sure there will be an official communication at some point, but a few bulletpoints:

We've hit some technical snags on getting everyone the Eldorado and London Sessions packs. But it will definitely happen. We're also going to make it so that migrations moving forward will get those packs automatically - watch this space.

Same as above, but with the Zildjian Digital Vaults. Vol 1 pack to replace the SP1/SP2/ZP1 packs.

There is a BFD 3.4.1.x build in progress that will address:

Sluggishness on start-up.

Expansion packs not being available when offline

License Manager failing to connect to the internet sometimes

Migration of user-files being broken, not copying all files, and being executed even on clean systems without prior installations.

Just wanted to give everyone an update.

Hey Fret, where does Drew post that stuff?

Edited by Bapu