BFD launches new website

Carlos  Iglesias

4 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

Upgrading from BFD2 - I've discovered that the license/download manager does at least support pause and resume, so I'll get there...slowly!

... But do not expect to do anything else while the download is happening.  No other tasks seem possible while the download manager is running. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 53mph said:

... But do not expect to do anything else while the download is happening.  No other tasks seem possible while the download manager is running. 

I wouldn't go that far, but it does saturate the network bandwidth (my remote desktop session is very slow when it's downloading).  But I could run other applications, including BFD3 standalone, during this time.

19 hours ago, Monomox said:

after you migrate, you can still open your current (pre InMusic) version of BFD3, right?

(this things stress me a bit)

Yes, on my system that is the case.  It did not update the existing version (3.3.1 Build 33) but installed in it's own directory.  However, it's early on and I have a lot of investigating still to do (as time allows).

FWIW - My process was downloading the 5 new expansions and loading them to my Drums drive (not system C:).  I then downloaded and installed the new version of BFD 3.  Then I downloaded the "Content" of the new version.  I ran the new version and "migrated" - there seemed to be one snafu but don't remember what.  It ran and loaded kits fine and of course would not recognize and pull in earlier kits.  I closed it and ran the earlier version and everything was still there and played fine.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 9:57 AM, Fret Flintstone said:

You can follow the discussions in the following threads if you like , most important to least in descending order. The person going by the nick 'Amberience' is Drew, an Ex FXpansion employee who is now with inMusic.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=543822    (Recent comments start around Page 13)

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=554563

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=564127

The new Forum is starting to liven up, so that might be the place to go now.

https://forum.bfddrums.com/

BFD_Drew BFD Product Owner

No need for fear. BFD3.4 will support all BFD content, we just have a bug in our migration setup where people aren’t getting the Eldorado and London Sessions packs.

Edited by Fret Flintstone

15 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

Thanks much. That seems to require a newer bfd purchase?

I was originally working from a purchase of bed eco, which were those cymbals. I think everybody bailed on bfd eco, as it's now called a dead legacy product.

For some reason.

Eco is gone but Zildjian Digital Vault still exists. I contacted them a couple of years ago and they put the updated version in my account gratis.

Rocky

Not really BFD related but I couldn’t find my answer until now about how this would affect other fxpansion instrument, so posting in case anyone else is wondering.  As someone else mentioned ROLI bought fxpansion in 2016.  From info below this is how they will handle other instruments and this sale only affects BFD.

“The sale will see the popular FXpansion BFD drum software along with its sample libraries, and its development staff of four, move over to InMusic. The remainder of FXpansion titles, such as Strobe 2 and Cypher 2, will remain under ROLI’s stewardship.”

Edited by kevin H
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Zildjian Digital Vault stuff not showing up. After “migration” it’s not showing up as a licensed product, despite making sure its in a content path. I tried registering the serial as a new product, but it came back as an “invalid” serial. Any ideas? I really kind of miss these cymbals.

49 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

My Zildjian Digital Vault stuff not showing up. After “migration” it’s not showing up as a licensed product, despite making sure its in a content path. I tried registering the serial as a new product, but it came back as an “invalid” serial. Any ideas? I really kind of miss these cymbals.

Same here. I submitted a support ticket and haven’t heard anything. 

3 hours ago, LAGinz said:

f.w.i.w....my Zildjian Digital Vault made the migration but didn't have downloadable content on the new site. It's still at the old Fxpansion site and the installer picked it up. BFD picked it up when I scanned my samples drive.

Rocky

Here is a post on Gearspace from Drew regarding some issues

Hey everyone,
Drew from BFD here. Apologies for not getting involved here soon enough. I've been on KvR a bit, but in generally it's been a hectic week! I've been reading messages and feeding them up the chain. So here's a few highlights:

- We never intended for BFD1 and BFD2 owners to lose access to their libraries. That's a bug we're working on fixing. BFD1 owners were supposed to get BFD Eldorado and BFD2 owners were supposed to get BFD London Sessions.
- There are some straggler freebies that we need to deal with. Things like the rock tambourine which will be repackaged and delivered soon.
- i've reported the contact form on the support page being broken. Messages do go through by the looks of it, but the user doesn't get any feedback on it. If in doubt, email support@bfddrums.com with your issue.
- We hear you on 'offline' use. People are looking into that.
- We also hear you on the annoyance of the keychain messages on OSX. People are looking into that too.
- There will be a 3.4.1 release soon, that will fix some bugs.
- People who have authorized everything in BFD License Manager, but BFD doesn't seem to work still, please private message me all of the details. I've not been able to reproduce that in-house but if that is a thing, we need to fix it.
- Zildjian SP1, SP2, and ZP1 are discontinued. They were discontinued at FXpansion even before ROLI purchased us. They were re-released as the BFD Zildjian Digital Vaults. Vol 1 library. If you get in touch with support, they should be able to issue you a serial number for the updated pack. You'll be able to download that, install it, and be good to go.
- Finally, there is a bug in the 'copy old files' functionality in the new release. This will be fixed in 3.4.1.

4 hours ago, LAGinz said:

My Zildjian Digital Vault stuff not showing up.

Same here. Drew said I had it installed in the wrong place (!??), has my details to see what might be done to fix it.  Might have something to do with the BFD2 content (related issues), but pure conjecture on my part.  I've relocated it to a top level directory, and ran a "Search Folder", still not picking it up. 

NB, I'm referring to the ZP-1 Zildjian pack purchased outside of the FXpansion ecosystem which starts with a ZLZP1 prefix on the serial #. 

Despite the Chevy Chase launch, I expect them to get it sorted out to most everyone's satisfaction. 

6 minutes ago, Fret Flintstone said:

Zildjian SP1, SP2, and ZP1 are discontinued. They were discontinued at FXpansion even before ROLI purchased us. They were re-released as the BFD Zildjian Digital Vaults. Vol 1 library. If you get in touch with support, they should be able to issue you a serial number for the updated pack. You'll be able to download that, install it, and be good to go.

And checking on this as well. Not sure what's different with the updated pack  but  perhaps the reply will come with a reasonable suggestion. 

"- Zildjian SP1, SP2, and ZP1 are discontinued. They were discontinued at FXpansion even before ROLI purchased us. They were re-released as the BFD Zildjian Digital Vaults. Vol 1 library. If you get in touch with support, they should be able to issue you a serial number for the updated pack. You'll be able to download that, install it, and be good to go."

Which support? ROLI? Fxpansion? InMusic? BFDDrums.com?

Clear as mud.

• Sad 1