BFD launches new website

Carlos  Iglesias

Another why did I buy this,  I'm more into the electronic scene.  I'm not a fan of big bloated drum packages and I have not downloaded all of my MDrummer library.  I guess it was a $50 no brainer that no brains were used in this decision. 

2 hours ago, Grem said:
11 hours ago, HIBI said:

however, can select 5 Expansion Packs on the store page and checkout with the code...

This didn't work for me. I tried though!!! I was hoping it would. : )

Can not put 5 Expansion Packs in your cart?
Or does the code not apply if there are 5 Expansion Packs in the cart?

• Like 1

For the people who BFD(1) and or BFD2, and are have trouble getting that content to show up under BFD3.4, Drew had this to say . . .

We're working on getting BFD1 owners the BFD Eldorado pack, and BFD2 owners the BFD London Sessions pack - those are the modern equivalents for those libraries.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=543822&start=333

I miss out again as I already own these, purchased ages ago so as I didn't have to install BFD(1) OR BFD(2), anyway there you have it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got this because I've been a fan of BFD since getting version1. Never upgraded till now because fxpansion never offered Ver1 users an upgrade path to Ver3 (booo!)

50 bucks is a great offer - just put the serial number for version 1 into the coupon code box (you'll find your serial no in your fxpansion product page) and it goes down to 49 euros. 

Thanks to the person who first posted this - I've been on the fence about upgrading to BFD3 for years, and this was too good to miss. Cheers.

Edited by 53mph
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, HIBI said:

Can not put 5 Expansion Packs in your cart?
Or does the code not apply if there are 5 Expansion Packs in the cart?

I went to the store and tried to place 'any' 5 expansion packs in my cart (one of which was Horsepower). There was no problem doing that. But when I went to apply the code, the only discount I got was for one expansion pack, Horsepower. 

I then assumed that it didn't work anymore and just took all the other packs out of my cart except Horsepower, because that's the one I wanted most out of all of them.

Then I went back to inmusic and looking around I saw it said get Expansion pack as a gift. I clicked the dropdown and saw that they were giving away 5 'specific' packs!! That's when I realized my mistake. I should have tried to use it with all 5 of those packs instead of the ones I picked. : ( 

When I picked packs I only chose Horsepower as one of the giveaways, not knowing what the other four were. Again, my loss!

So if you still have your code, try to choose all 5 of the packs they are letting you choose from, and see if the code will let you still get all 5!!

• Sad 1

I am doing a fresh install of BFD 3 (the new version I just d/l)

It took a long time to d/l it last night. IDK how long it really took, I got tired of waiting and went to bed.

Now I am installing it and it is taking a long time for this too.

42 minutes ago, Grem said:

I clicked the dropdown and saw that they were giving away 5 'specific' packs!! That's when I realized my mistake. I should have tried to use it with all 5 of those packs instead of the ones I picked. : ( 

When I picked packs I only chose Horsepower as one of the giveaways, not knowing what the other four were. Again, my loss!

Yes, that's right... Sorry about that @Grem

27 minutes ago, Monomox said:

what are the 5 expansion packs that are eligible for the freebie offer?

@Monomox

• BFD Crush
  • BFD Oblivion
  • BFD Horsepower
  • BFD Jazz Noir
  • BFD Metal Snares
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/19/2021 at 10:20 PM, simon said:

The migrate settings tool in the new version of BFD3 fails if you don't run as Administrator (admin user privileges is NOT enough) - took ages to find that one.  The problem being that unless you do the migrate then it will nag you and keep rescanning your folders (even if you copy-paste the settings file manually)

Posted on the kvr forum by Drew (from BFD Drums) - this seems to solve it:

Open Registry Editor
Navigate to: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\BFD Drums\BFD3
Check for these entries: FirstRun, fxp2inm_migration, and NeedScan
If you don’t have them all, create them. They should all be string types.
Set FirstRun to ‘No’ without quotes.
Set fxp2inm_migration to ‘migrated’ without quotes.
Set ‘NeedScan’ to ‘no’ without quotes.
This will stop BFD from nagging you about copying across old files.

Have had to dust off BFD2 for those .... BFD2 kits! They have not made the journey over to BFD3 v3.4.0.24 (where they previously lived). Don't want to pay £99.99 for "London Sessions" when I already have the content. Anyone else managed it yet?

14 minutes ago, Benny Bear said:

Have had to dust off BFD2 for those .... BFD2 kits! They have not made the journey over to BFD3 v3.4.0.24 (where they previously lived). Don't want to pay £99.99 for "London Sessions" when I already have the content. Anyone else managed it yet?

As mentioned before, the likely outcome for people with BFD(1) and or BFD2, is that they are going to give you either BFD Eldorado and or BFD London Sessions free.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

They have stated many times on other forums that their intention is that no one will loose anything they had before this change.

So they will work any issues out, it just takes time.

Edited by Fret Flintstone
  • Thanks 1

You can follow the discussions in the following threads if you like , most important to least in descending order. The person going by the nick 'Amberience' is Drew, an Ex FXpansion employee who is now with inMusic.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=543822    (Recent comments start around Page 13)

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=554563

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=564127

Edited by Fret Flintstone

On 4/19/2021 at 2:20 PM, simon said:

The latest BFD3 update (update?!?) installs in parallel to the original FXpansion installation - because they don't want to use the FXpansion folder - so you'll end up with 2 installs.  Sprayed all across your disks.  Two authorisation managers as well.   I'm not brave enough to try to uninstall the older fxpansion one...who know what hell will be unleashed then as some of the paths they use are shared.

Just deleted the old .dll and all is well here.

23 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Another why did I buy this,  I'm more into the electronic scene.  I'm not a fan of big bloated drum packages and I have not downloaded all of my MDrummer library.  I guess it was a $50 no brainer that no brains were used in this decision. 

I'm a drummer with an acoustic kit so... all I use nowadays is the 8 Bit Kit which has some lovely 808 and 909 samples (Linn too).  

On 4/20/2021 at 6:16 AM, Kevin Perry said:

And does anyone know if there's a way to break up the download of the core content (it'll take about a day to do it in one go here!)?

I assume you are upgrading? 'Cause if you are just migrating there's no need to redownload the data.