BFD launches new website

Carlos  Iglesias

1 hour ago, Pollux said:

Does anybody knows what has been updated in 3.4? I couldn't find any information in the website.

Well I read it somewhere, but can't find it again ATM.

There is this from Drew (x FXpansion, now inMusic) I'll paste the whole post and highlight a few relevant bits.

Okay, so here's my post. We're still firing up all the ovens and emails and what not, but:

We've kicked off a user migration process today. You will have seen an email about that from FXpansion, but we are essentially bringing everyone over to the inMusic Profile platform. You can kick this off in your FXpansion user-accounts. We're moving everyone over to bfddrums.com.

BFD1, BFD2, and BFD Eco will not be migrated to your inMusic Profile account as they have been legacy products for a long time now. We need to get all legacy software users onto the BFD3 platform now.

Everyone who needs to can upgrade to BFD3 for a super low price by entering their BFD1/BFD2/BFD Eco serial code as a promotional code at the BFD Drums website when checking out.

There is a build of BFD3.4 available which introduces a new authorization system, some new features, some fixes against 3.3, and lays the groundwork for future point releases to come. We are working on a 3.4.1 right now to address some known issues, and will address more as they are reported.

All serial registrations and downloads and authorizations are handled through the new BFD License Manager. Please don't attempt to register any serials through the inMusic Profiles page - it will not work currently.

Just proceed through the migration process to get all of your products moved over to an inMusic Profile account, and then you never need to use the fxpansion.com website for BFD products ever again.

------

Long-term we are designing new versions of BFD. I've assembled a small beta team at present, but I will be looking at expanding this soon. I spot a few users in this thread who may want to get involved in that.

You can expect a BFD4 in the future, but I won't commit to a timeframe. It wont be years and years though!

The new BFD home page is www.bfddrums.com
The new forum is here: https://forum.bfddrums.com/

Feel free to PM me if you need anything; posting here might not be best because I wont get a notification.

The page I can't listing what was changed that I can't find also list a number (10 - 12?) of AIR music FX that they apparently added to BFD3. (That bit made me a little sad)

Found it

BFD3 (v3.4) Update

In addition to a new website and Expansion Pack offer, there is also an update to the core BFD3 software. BFD3 (v3.4) introduces a number of under-the-hood improvements as well as an all new per-voice Envelope Shaper and a suite of high-quality effects from AIR Music Technology. The brand new Envelope Shaper is one of the most versatile sound design tools ever included with a virtual drum instrument, empowering users to further shape the transients of each individual BFD3 kit piece to taste. For almost two decades, AIR Music Technology has been creating industry-standard effects plugins covering a vast assortment of dynamic and time-based use-cases. The BFD3 now has thirteen of the most popular AIR effects built-in:   

AIR Compressor

AIR Lo-Fi (Decimator)

AIR Distortion

AIR Dyn3Compressor

AIR Economy Reverb

AIR Expander

AIR Maximizer

AIR Non-Linear Reverb

AIR Saturation Filter

AIR Spring Reverb

AIR Stereo Reverb

AIR Transient

AIR Tube Driver

https://www.bfddrums.com/company/press-release/bfd-website-software-update-portal-expansion.html

Just migrated my account and bagged the "BFD Horsepower" as my freebie. Just dawned on me that if BFD2 isn't carried over, then the old samples from that won't work in their new system. That means I'm going to have to buy "BFD London Sessions" to get back what I had before. Great!

10 hours ago, jackson white said:

I'd advise a bit of caution wrt to the reappearance of BFD3 as it's not finding -any- audio data (kit pieces) from earlier versions (BFD2 or 1.5) on my system.

Running "Tools | Set up content locations..." is flagging these paths with "License!" Selecting the option to "Add BFD2 paths" launches the license manager and appears to run but has not resolved the issue. 

I'm a long time user with a strong preference for it over the alternatives and expect some issues as they scramble to remain relevant, but this would be a showstopper for me. They were quick to respond with a previous note on 3rd party content, will post an update here when available,

Ditto (ish): I get some/all of the BFD 1/2 packs, but none of the core BFD 1/2 content.  Somewhat irritating, so if anyone has a suggestion...

The BFD 1/2 serial numbers don't authorise in the new license manager, so I'm stumped.

12 hours ago, simon said:

The migrate settings tool in the new version of BFD3 fails if you don't run as Administrator (admin user privileges is NOT enough) - took ages to find that one.  The problem being that unless you do the migrate then it will nag you and keep rescanning your folders (even if you copy-paste the settings file manually)

Nope - "There was a problem copying your BFD documents".

Every single time (as you say).

I've just downloaded and installed my freebie pack - does anyone else find rescanning takes an age and "hangs" the application?  It's been churning away for an hour now (6/12 core 3.7GHz machine, SSD and NVMe drives, 32GB RAM, so no slouch even if not absolutely cutting edge).

3 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Mmmm, looks like holding fire on the update until I am sure all my expansion packs that predate BFD3 can be used. I mostly use SD3 these days but call on BFD3 from time to time, usually for stuff in the expansions.

Expansion packs seem to be fine - it's core BFD/BFD2 content that isn't.  YMMV of course.  And you can still use BFD/BFD2...it doesn't replace them.

Edited by Kevin Perry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I got the first email about the migration process, which I did, but never received the follow-up email about the freebie. Anyone know how to get it?

@Yan Filiatrault There is no follow up email. Go to BFD in your (inmusic) account/ Click the Blue Button. You'll see a link to click to get a code. It displays. Copy to clipboard. Go to the Store (on inmusic.com) and on Checkout there is a lick to open a box to enter that code. Simples, huh? NOT!!!!!!

Looks like I'm going to have to write this up on every page of this thread (as I did on page 2)?

Edited by Bapu
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bapu said:

@Yan Filiatrault There is no follow up email. Go to BFD in your (inmusic) account/ Click the Blue Button. You'll see a link to click to get a code. It displays. Copy to clipboard. Go to the Store (on inmusic.com) and on Checkout there is a lick to open a box to enter that code. Simples, huh? NOT!!!!!!

Looks like I'm going to have to write this up on every page of this thread (as I did on page 2)?

Finally got it, thank you!

4 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

Nope - "There was a problem copying your BFD documents".

Every single time (as you say).

my error was about "BFD systems" not document - I did do a copy manually and that worked but didn't stop the nagging. For me 'right click' - ' run as administrator' - then I got an 'ok'

I wish 🙂

My latest: install my free library (Crush), fire up bfd3 standalone and it gets picked up and runs fine.  Add bfd 1 folder to scan...finds the expansion packs OK (eventually!) but Crush data has been lost.

The email I received from FXpansion says "Expansion Pack 1 model as a gift", but I actually got five Expansion Packs.
Probably a flaw in the checkout system?

FYI: You can select only one Expansion Pack from [Redeem Now] link in your account page, however, can select 5 Expansion Packs on the store page and checkout with the code...

Edited by HIBI