BFD launches new website

Carlos  Iglesias

Not working for me at all. After migrating, couldn’t  find any cart. Couldn’t find Eco deal. And when I start anew and click on the Inmusic site, the BFD button does not even work!!! although the other brands do. Grrrr.....

Ok, this is clearly a case of me trying to post before being fully caffeinated.🤪 I’ve already got BFD3! and have now figured out how to get the free expansion pack. Hopefully by the time the second cup of Java has been disposed of, I’ll figure out how to update BFD3:)

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

I have BFD Zildjian digital Vault but the ECO version that came with it was discontinued. I gave up on them when they told me that I had to buy BFD to use it. The serial won't work for the discount. I'm not paying full price for BFD.

Rocky

• Great Idea 1

17 minutes ago, Batwaffel said:

I was able to migrate easy enough but not seeing anything about a serial number for a pack?

you have to go into your inmusic account - look at your registration - scroll down to find BFD3 downloads and there is the option to generate a serial.  Which you use in the cart  on the BFDdrums site....via a (virtually) hidden option.  Couldn't be any simpler :D 

bloomin' complicated.....

And the fun doesn't end there.

The latest BFD3 update (update?!?) installs in parallel to the original FXpansion installation - because they don't want to use the FXpansion folder - so you'll end up with 2 installs.  Sprayed all across your disks.  Two authorisation managers as well.   I'm not brave enough to try to uninstall the older fxpansion one...who know what hell will be unleashed then as some of the paths they use are shared.

The migrate settings tool in the new version of BFD3 fails if you don't run as Administrator (admin user privileges is NOT enough) - took ages to find that one.  The problem being that unless you do the migrate then it will nag you and keep rescanning your folders (even if you copy-paste the settings file manually)

The older version that is left behind will complain at you because it spots that the VST plugin has changed but the standalone is the older original - no way to fix this apart from using the latest version .dll in the standalone..but that's not really a fix.

The new BFD downloader tool that you HAVE to use - will not recognise your older installs of the expansion packs - so it can't tell you what, if anything, needs updating.

The new 'free' pack they give you will ONLY install in the latest BFD3 because the new serials won't register on the FXpansion website.  This means the older (working) standalone version will complain at you because it thinks you have an unregistered expansion pack...meaning every time you start BFD3 it will try to rescan licences.

phew !

That's 2 hours of my life I won't get back

oh, and the new version still carries on the same bugs that we've have come to love with BFD3 for years 

Edited by simon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Relax everybody.  This is InMusic, the marketing geniuses who have taken the SONiVOX and AIR Technology brands to the heights of the industry. 

Be patient.  You'll soon be able to get BFD for $2.99 at Plugin Boutique.   😀   or maybe fish out some serials out of a bin at K-Mart. 

• Haha 6

What 

49 minutes ago, simon said:

oh, and the new version still carries on the same bugs that we've have come to love with BFD3 for years

What bugs? I'm curious. I wonder if they are OS-specific. I have a PC and have not encountered any bugs. I guess I don't have a choice regarding migrating to the new website, but I'll hold fast to my existing BFD 3 installers. 

27 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Relax everybody.  This is InMusic, the marketing geniuses who have taken the SONiVOX and AIR Technology brands to the heights of the industry. 

Be patient.  You'll soon be able to get BFD for $2.99 at Plugin Boutique.   😀   or maybe fish out some serials out of a bin at K-Mart. 

Free with any purchase for the month. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

8 minutes ago, Batwaffel said:

Free with any purchase for the month. ;)

Can I use JambPointz?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Batwaffel said:

I was able to migrate easy enough but not seeing anything about a serial number for a pack?

Go to BFD in your (inmusic) account/ Click the Blue Button. You'll see a link to click to get a code. It displays. Copy to clipboard. Go to the Store (on inmusic.com) and on Checkout there is a lick to open a box to enter that code. Simples, huh? NOT!!!!!!

I'd advise a bit of caution wrt to the reappearance of BFD3 as it's not finding -any- audio data (kit pieces) from earlier versions (BFD2 or 1.5) on my system.

Running "Tools | Set up content locations..." is flagging these paths with "License!" Selecting the option to "Add BFD2 paths" launches the license manager and appears to run but has not resolved the issue. 

I'm a long time user with a strong preference for it over the alternatives and expect some issues as they scramble to remain relevant, but this would be a showstopper for me. They were quick to respond with a previous note on 3rd party content, will post an update here when available,

UPDATE: Drew has been most responsive. 

1. "BFD2 content not loading is a known issue. We are working on getting everyone who owns BFD2 a copy of the London Sessions pack, and everyone who owns BFD1 a copy of the Eldorado pack as those are the modern equivalents."

> fwiw, I was able to get back most (all?) of the BFD1.5 content  by doing the registry hack (which I think can also be done by running BFD3 as admin and rescanning the content paths). The BFD2 content (all) fails to show up anywhere in BFD3 (not listed in the libraries/kits/drums, etc.). Both BFD and BFD2 content are still flagged as "License!" though. 

2. It did not find the Zildjian ZP-1 content which was installed under the BFD2/Audio dir. Checking to see if I have to reinstall or can get by with just dragging the folder to a different location. 

3. It did find the JNF expansion which is installed under the BFD2/Audio dir

Also working on best practices for cleaning up existing installations (if and as needed). 

Edited by jackson white
Update status of reported issues
  • Like 1

hmmmm, a free expansion pack is of no use to me, I own them all already. I can live without 3.4, I'm already 1 or 2 versions back and quite happy there, I don't have any issues.

I'm going to wait it out and see what gives, I can still download everything from the old site if needed, plus I have multiple copies of everything stored away.

inMusic not a good sign, but will have to see what happens in the future.

Edited by Fret Flintstone

4 hours ago, bluzdog said:

I have BFD Zildjian digital Vault but the ECO version that came with it was discontinued. I gave up on them when they told me that I had to buy BFD to use it. The serial won't work for the discount. I'm not paying full price for BFD.

Rocky

Me too, and those cymbals were the best I've ever used, and I have SD3.  So bummed they just got sucked under and never reissued.

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Fxpansion was acquired by ROLI which is a company heavily in debt.  So I guess they passed it on to InMusic.