Acoustic samples VST UI issues......(Solved - Kind of)

paulo

I have four (GD6, Strategy, Sunbird and Telematic). All four work fine in standalone mode, but in vst mode within Platinum (final version) the part of the display that displays chord info doesn't work and neither does the plectrum position indicator (which I don't really care about).

All four also work as expected in VST mode  in Studio One 3 which points to Platinum being the problem here. Just me or a known issue?

win 7 x64 if it matters.

Edited by paulo

11 hours ago, Cactus Music said:

Did you try it in CbC, no point complaining about a bug from a 2 +year old version. many things like this are now fixed. Your on 64 bit so there would seem no reason your would not choose CbC over the older buggy version.  

First off, I was asking not complaining.

I don't have the bandlab version installed and personally speaking have yet to see a compelling reason to switch plus there are a couple of things that put me off going with it, which I won't go into now because that isn't what the thread is about. 

In case this info is ever useful to anyone else.......

When first opened on the section that it defaults to the chord detector part doesn't work. Switch to one of the other modes and then go back and then it does.

15 hours ago, paulo said:

In case this info is ever useful to anyone else.......

When first opened on the section that it defaults to the chord detector part doesn't work. Switch to one of the other modes and then go back and then it does.

Funny you should mention this as I have lately experienced the same kind of problem with different soundbanks not responding as expected in UVI Workstation v3.0.5 x64 running as a plug-in under CbB and Windows 7. My most recent purchase UVI Key Suite Acoustic didn’t respond to the page navigation buttons although the buttons were highlighted when clicked. Just like you I also discovered that clicking on one of the three top tabs EDIT, EFFECTS, or ARP in Workstation solved this problem (well, until I closed WS and open it up again).

After reading this thread I also tested AcousticSamples GD-6, and sure enough the Edit button in the Chord area doesn’t respond until I’ve clicked one of the three tabs. But I don't think this is an issue with AcousticSamples, but rather the UVI Workstation and/or possibly Cakewalk and/or running under Windows 7.

I recently raised a support ticket with UVI wrt Key Suite Acoustic, but their answer was that they can’t recreate this issue. Maybe you should raise a ticket as well? As I’m currently on the move I only have my Windows 7 laptop with me and unfortunately can’t check the behaviour on my Windows 10 desktop (which also has Cubase and Studio One installed for even more thorough testing).

Sure, I know Windows 7 is no longer officially supported by UVI and when the security updates stop coming early next year I’ll abandon it as well. But until then.

Edited by Canopus

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

Maybe you should raise a ticket as well?

Tbh, as long as just clicking another tab makes it work then I can't really be bothered to get into it. I've been waiting three days now for someone to get back to me regarding an account log-in issue I was having, so I'm not hopeful that the customer support is up to much.