Acid Pro Updated to 10.5!

cclarry

15 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I have it...it was there right away

EDIT:  I lied...it's not there yet, but there was an update
to 10.0.5

Edited by cclarry

ACID Planet is back – and it's bigger and better than ever before!

In-app access to over 100,000 ACIDized loops
The new 10.5 version of the ultimate musical sketchpad ACID is now even more powerful. With Producer Planet now integrated into the program, you can add loops and samples to your project without leaving ACID and discover endless sources of inspiration for your flow!

10.0.5 does have the store integrated into the program (Menu: View > Store). To me, it looks like 10.5 and 10.0.5 are just two ways of describing the same thing (but I won't complain if they release something with more features and prove me wrong 😜)

The integrated store is certainly convenient (it's simpler than browse-purchase-download-unzip) but I don't think ACID is more "powerful" for this...

• 2 weeks later...

There was another Acid Pro update this weekend.  It's still calling itself 10.0.5 but they updated something.  Did install correctly for me, so some progress.  The Store background exit still crashes on exit though.  It also appears they have removed the Stem Maker feature.  The button is in the toolbar list but it is gray.  I think they have disabled it.  And all mention of it from the website is gone.  Their forum (which has no links to the website anymore that I can find) are referring people to open support tickets.  Looks like they disabled it and are trying to act like it didn't exist.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

There was another Acid Pro update this weekend.  It's still calling itself 10.0.5 but they updated something.  Did install correctly for me, so some progress.  The Store background exit still crashes on exit though.  It also appears they have removed the Stem Maker feature.  The button is in the toolbar list but it is gray.  I think they have disabled it.  And all mention of it from the website is gone.  Their forum (which has no links to the website anymore that I can find) are referring people to open support tickets.  Looks like they disabled it and are trying to act like it didn't exist.

I did that update also, but didn't report it because even the build # didn't change...pretty weird

I will admit I had fun playing with the ACID loop products I got from the Humble Bundle vouchers plus the three they sent for the 10.5 update.  I still love the loop work flow.  Though I finally did switch the color scheme back to light.  In dark mode you can't see the indent showing you the loop point very well unless the loop is selected.  Kind of surprised they removed the stem maker feature (not that it worked that well to be honest).

• 2 weeks later...

A shame if the stem maker has gone, although to be honest I use spleeter gui to create stems anyway as it seemed to be so much faster..

Would be an enhancement though if I could drag the zipfile of them in and acid-pro split them into the same 'folder' structure as the stem maker created...