Split Clips stops working

garylue

I've been having an issue lately that I am unable to Split Clips.  The session starts off fine with no problems, then at some point I am unable to Split Clips.  If I restart the program, all returns to normal for a while and then it stops working again.  Not sure what triggers it.  Anyone else having this issue, or have any recommendations?  

Thanks!

I haven't noticed this - Do you use the "S" key for splits? Maybe something is re-assigning that key? Maybe try another method of making a split - such as Right click on the clip and choose Split from the context menu.

22 hours ago, garylue said:

I've been having an issue lately that I am unable to Split Clips.  The session starts off fine with no problems, then at some point I am unable to Split Clips.  If I restart the program, all returns to normal for a while and then it stops working again.  Not sure what triggers it.  Anyone else having this issue, or have any recommendations?  

Thanks!

I have not noticed a split clip problem.  I key-binded my 'A' to split clips, as my 'S' is key-binded for Save. But its all the same. I think you have a plugin, driver or setting that is freezing your DAW, and its not the split option.

So the next question is, what is in this project and specify audio interface  settings, plugins and anything else pertinent  

4 hours ago, James Argo said:

Whenever you feel like you can not split clips, make sure you press "0" (ins) in the numeric keypad at the right hand side of your keyboard. Then try split again...

Just curious what this does or why is resets the split clip function?

11 hours ago, James Argo said:

Num 0 switches CbB into Keyboard Navigation mode, it somehow disables default key binding for nudge & clip splitting.

That is really good to know, as chance would have it, I had an issue where none of my keyboard commands would work any longer (after this post). I've been with Cakewalk forever, and I've never had this happen before. I had to close out of  Cakewalk and open the project again to get it to to work. Happened several times. :-(

I'll try the Num 0 suggestion next time it happens--but I really hope it doesn't.

• 10 months later...