Squonk

Unapply Neutron Preset

Question

For those of you using Neutron with Sonar... I've selected (applied) a preset in Neutron 3 Elements compressor module and don't like the sound and want to turn it off.  I know how to change to/apply another preset in the module settings and know how to turn off the compressor module completely, but I simply want to turn that particular preset off without turning off the module - i.e. if I turn the module off then turn it back on the preset I selected previously is still applied.  I know how to delete the preset, but if I understand correctly that removes it from being shown in the menu which is not what I want to do.  I'm using Neutron 3 Elements, but imagine presets it work similarly for all Neutron versions.  Dumb question, but driving me nuts!

2 answers to this question

I don't think you can turn off a preset. You have to bypass the effect, turn it off, or select a different preset. If you make changes then in effect that preset is not applied because it is different. Sometimes you can find a default preset.  I would suggest just moving the settings to where you want them and then saving that as a default preset.

If there is a threshold  - you can turn it low enough to not trigger the " circuit " so to speak from activating and make sure there is no added make up gain. Save as the default is good idea.