Exports silence at end

Sorry, I know I've seen this type of issue posted several times, but I can't seem to come up with the right search terms for it.  I have a project that currently ends at measure 41 (1:27).  There are no events in Event List past 40:04:720.  Nevertheless, if I go to the "end" of the project, I am taken to measure 59 (2:06), and if I export it, I have 18 measures (39 seconds) of silence.  I have tried selecting everything from measures 41 to 59 and doing a "Delete Special" will all boxes checked.  There is no automation, either on individual tracks or on the master.  There is only one audio track (which starts at the beginning of the first measure), and it is 1:27 in length according to File Explorer and is 1:27 if I play it in Windows Media Player.  There are 8 other tracks - 4 soft synths and their associated 4 MIDI tracks.  There are no MIDI notes long enough in duration to take them past 1:27 .

Any thoughts on how to get rid of the 18 empty measures?

52 minutes ago, Steve Moddelmog said:

Sorry, I know I've seen this type of issue posted several times, but I can't seem to come up with the right search terms for it.  I have a project that currently ends at measure 41 (1:27).  There are no events in Event List past 40:04:720.  Nevertheless, if I go to the "end" of the project, I am taken to measure 59 (2:06), and if I export it, I have 18 measures (39 seconds) of silence.  I have tried selecting everything from measures 41 to 59 and doing a "Delete Special" will all boxes checked.  There is no automation, either on individual tracks or on the master.  There is only one audio track (which starts at the beginning of the first measure), and it is 1:27 in length according to File Explorer and is 1:27 if I play it in Windows Media Player.  There are 8 other tracks - 4 soft synths and their associated 4 MIDI tracks.  There are no MIDI notes long enough in duration to take them past 1:27 .

Any thoughts on how to get rid of the 18 empty measures?

Select all (ctrl + a)

Then in the timeline swipe across from 40:04:720 through to measure 59

Enable Rippled Edit All

Delete

Switch Ripple edit off

If it's just an Export Problem you can still do the control + a

Then in the timeline swipe across from 01:01:000 through to measure 40:04:720

Now do your export

Edited by Bristol_Jonesey
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Select all (ctrl + a)

Then in the timeline swipe across from 40:04:720 through to measure 59

Enable Rippled Edit All

Delete

Switch Ripple edit off

If it's just an Export Problem you can still do the control + a

Then in the timeline swipe across from 01:01:000 through to measure 40:04:720

Now do your export

Thanks - that did it.  I'm surprised that selecting 41-59 across all tracks and doing Delete Special with all boxes checked didn't do the same thing, and I still wonder what happened.  The last time I exported the project everything was fine, and honestly when I opened it this morning I didn't think I'd made any changes since that export. 

4 hours ago, lapasoa said:

It's the same old story. It's been years that Cakewalk users ask bakers to invent something in the way one can stop the project where he wants., without resorting to some workaround. 

That would be a great feature, and surely it couldn't be difficult to add.

7 hours ago, lapasoa said:

It's the same old story. It's been years that Cakewalk users ask bakers to invent something in the way one can stop the project where he wants., without resorting to some workaround. 

Did you put in a request?