Reorder synths in the synth rack

Rogério

It would be nice if they just automatically followed the order in which their output tracks are in the project - ie if I make Omnisphere 1 the first track it becomes the first in the synth rack. If I later make it track 3 it's third in the rack.

I suspect that the reason it isn't possible is because it would screw up the i/o's. In the past I've had projects where deleting a synth messed up the routing of all the others, so I dread to think what kind of mess it would become if they were dragged around within the synth rack.

• Like 1

A related issue with this is I find that the first synth in the rack will be automatically associated with a new midi track. This is a not a problem if you are inserting a new synth as you can add the associated midi track then by checking the bo.   But if you add a new midi track you want to use with an existing synth then you have to remember to change it's output. Being able to drag the synth to the top of the rack first would defiantly be one solution to that issue.