I'm running Sonar 8.5.3 on Windows 10.  I have never had a problem until a few days ago when Session Drummer 3, PX percussion Strip, and VX vocal strip all started causing problems during a VST scan. I followed the workaround I found on here, which was to run the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4, but no joy. I did stop the scan errors abut they are still not showing up on my instrument/Audio effects. Does anyone know if an update for Windows has been made in the past few days. I do remember it running something but not sure. Also, does anyone know if running the Microsoft patch above could mess up my system? Thanks.

Are you still using the scanner that shipped with SONAR 8.5?

If so, consider installing Cakewalk by BandLab. Even if staying with SONAR, the shared utilities installed with CbB have had years bug fixes and are backward compatible with SONAR.

Installing CbB will overwrite the 64bit shared folders but leaves the SONAR program folder alone.

Of course, updating everything except one or two pieces of software, in the long run is not a good idea.