Rayzoon April Special - Jamstix All MiniPaks Bundle - 60% Off

cclarry

8 minutes ago, Monomox said:

ZT, how do you like the metal pak?

Not used it yet! I got the Studio version at Christmas and only used Jamstix in a couple of projects so far. It seems quite deep and unique and I hope to use it more in future. 

I do have an unfinished song which gets heavy in the middle and was thinking I might see what Jamstix metal drummer can come up with. The existing drum track is made in AD2. 

• Thanks 1

I have all these mini-paks and I use the Euclid pak the most.  It contains a nice funk style called Backbeat Euclid that I have been using recently. 

I recommend Jamstix HIGHLY - it takes a bit of use to figure it out, but once you see how it works you will never use another drum program.    And you can use your favorite drum kits with it too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

How is $29 60% off on $49?

Is there a code or something?

Good point! I think they must mean 60% of the normal price ... 49 x 0.6 = 29.40 -- SEE UPDATE BELOW

Edited by ZincT

Scratch that! They got the total wrong...

The total for all 6 packs =  9 + 9 + 9 + 9 + 19 + 19 = 74

Now 60% discount on 74 x 0.4 = 29.60 

So it is actually 60% discount.

Edited by ZincT

1 hour ago, Michael A.D. said:

I recommend Jamstix HIGHLY - it takes a bit of use to figure it out, but once you see how it works you will never use another drum program.    And you can use your favorite drum kits with it too. 

I spent a Loooong time trying to figure out JS, and didn't get very far.  Then I broke down and read the manual and a lot of things opened up.  I still don't totally understand it, but it is an amazing program that can deliver the goods.  Now I just wish Ray would develop a pack for folk/americana. 

29 minutes ago, jude77 said:

I spent a Loooong time trying to figure out JS, and didn't get very far.  Then I broke down and read the manual and a lot of things opened up.  I still don't totally understand it, but it is an amazing program that can deliver the goods.  Now I just wish Ray would develop a pack for folk/americana. 

Check out these tutorials. They're long but excellent and very comprehensive:

Jamstix Tutorial 1 of 4 - Easy Way to Create Drum Tracks

Jamstix Tutorial 2 of 4 - Covering All The Basic Operations

Jamstix Tutorial 3 of 4 - Drum Module Mode, Song Sheet, & The Brain

Jamstix Tutorial 4 of 4 - Options, The Bar Editor, & Final Thoughts

Personally, I found tutorial 3 on how the brain works the most enlightening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you want to use Jamstix, you have to read the manual. Your not going to get anything like it's full potential out of it unless you read that manual. Read it, play around with JS, read the manual some more, play with JS some more, and keep repeating!!

Be aware the it has Save Points feature. Use it excessively!!

[edit] Let me state I have nothing against the videos. Watch them after you read the manual. Read the manual after you watch the videos!! : )

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Grem said:

If you want to use Jamstix, you have to read the manual. Your not going to get anything like it's full potential out of it unless you read that manual. Read it, play around with JS, read the manual some more, play with JS some more, and keep repeating!!

Total truth here.  JS is deeeeep and will do amazing things, but you've got to be willing to put in the time to get the best out.

23 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Many thanks!  I feel like I'm making progress with JS, but certainly not using it to its full potential.  Hopefully, these videos will take me to the next level.

Jude, I use a style call JamStix Classic. You can find an explanation in the manual at 18.2.2

It's under Special Styles. If you need help finding it, let me know.

When I have a new song, I will use this to make a general beat. It was hard for me to put my head around this very simple UI, but it has unbelievable potential! Seriously. For the kick, you will see the green dots on the first and third place, which represent beats. For the snare green dots on the two and four. Both on the top row. Start up transport in CbB and just listen. Very simple. Adjust tempo of CbB to what you need.

Now as it's playing, on the kick add a dot right under that first dot. See what you got now!? Add a beat under the second beat on the snare now. See what starts to develop? : ) Adjust the slider to the right of the beat you want to limit the amount you want it played. Now drop down and start playing with the Hi Hat style. See? Now adjust the Open setting. Sweet!

OK, now hopefully you got something that you can work with, but it'smay not just be quite right. Drop down to the bar editor and select the first Bar. Select the second drum hit, and adjust it's timing to the left. Hear that? That's where the "feel" for me comes in. I can adjust this to be just like I like it. I can make it push, or lay back. But there's more!!

Now you got several Bars fleshed out just like you want it, you feeling the grove. Now save these bars as a new style!! Then you can use this style to create the song your working on!! It will generate an INtro, a Verse, Pre Chorus, Chorus, Bridge.... ect!! But there's more!!

Now you got your song set as a style, and you have generated the general format of the song, now you can further adjust the feel, power, repetitions, and... you get the idea. But, yes there is more!!

Now that you got your song going, try different drummers and it changes things up, but stays on the style you want.

Yes there is much more. I am only touching the tip of the iceberg here. When you factor in that you can do what I just explained for the Accents and Fills, it's really unbelievable.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1