California Rain

Andrew Rhodes

My second attempt. Not sure if I've put too much into this, and still quite green when it comes to mixing, so a little unsure about it. Some bits not quite right, but I've spent enough time on it now - I think you get to the point where you've had enough! Drives you mad messing about too much! :)

Good song ! A few tweeks and I think you'll be there.  I think the drums were a little weak and could bring a little more power to the song if it is up a few DB and retune the snare if you can ..  I also thought the horns were a Little too loud.  I find that after putting one to rest for a while and not listening to it for a couple of weeks , when I come back to it  , It's Way more obvious what needs to be done.  Great performance and vocals.  Enjoyed it  ..     mark

Thanks for comments and suggestions guys. 

@David Sprouse

I know what you mean about the plosives - I think I was standing too close to the mic, but didn't notice the effect till later. I thought about doing the vocals again, but thought it would be too much effort! I'm lazy 🙂

@mark skinner

I think I might try your suggestions. To be truthful, I've never thought about tuning snares for a particular song, but it probably makes sense. Would you say the tuning needs lowering? And I know what you mean about leaving things for a while, then returning - it's quite surprising how different things can sound! 

Edited by Andrew Rhodes