Cherry Audio VM2500 Modules for Voltage Modular Announced

scook

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Before POSSIBLY plumping for this I wonder is there another CHEAPER price than $49 elsewhere?

If you prefer Instruments (as opposed to Voltage Modular modules) and if you haven't invested in VM yet, I would encourage you to try Nucleus (currently free**) first to see if you can get into modular sound design.  

With your interest in the VM2500, you might want to wait to see if they come out with an  Instrument based on the modules.  Cherry Audio has done that kind of thing before. Also, in the chat for the video demo someone asked if CA would be developing an instrument version and the reply (something like "anything is possible") leads me to believe it is indeed possible.

Personally, I like VM--a lot!! So, I am not trying to talk you out of at least trying to get into it.  But if funds are an issue, if you might prefer a VM2500 as an Instrument (if that is in the works), and if you are unsure about the modular learning curve, getting Nucleus and waiting a bit might work for you.

**Just checked CA and PIB--free at both; might be others offering it free.  

There's a risk, though.  You might really like VM and within 24 or 48 hours you might spring for Core and some modules.  😉

Edited by User 905133
  • Thanks 1