New BandLab integration features available

Noel Borthwick

Hi everyone,

We just dropped an early access release that has a lot of new exciting new features including deep BandLab integration via a brand new library view.

Not only can this feature be used to publish to BandLab and collaborate with other musicians, you can also use it to save stem mixes of your project and play them anywhere, which can be very useful when testing mixes or trying to get opinions from other folks on your mixes such as in the songs forum. This is much more powerful than posting a stereo mix to your song, because if you additionally provide stems others can offer more constructive advice feedback on your mixes. (there are options to provide a full mix in addition to individual track/bus stems)

Please try out this feature and let us know your thoughts in the early access thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

• 2 months later...

I've been looking at the sound libraries, samples and virtual instruments Bandlab offers.  I have been pleasantly surprised.   There are some decent country libraries for me to play with!

I'm also giving the Bandlab online DAW a try.  The DAW use to only work inside the Chrome browser but I recently discovered the online DAW also works inside Firefox.

Watching this video I noticed the online DAW and Cakewalk share how users perform some tasks.

I'm thinking feature and application integration will become a huge benefit for Bandlab and Cakewalk users.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Houston we have noticed some problems with importing projects directly into Cakewalk from Bandlab. 

I am using the latest build version of CbB that was installed and tested an hour before I tried importing.

This is the project I used to test Cakewalk/Bandlab's new import/export integration was originally created in Cakewalk and uploaded and imported into Bandlab Mix Editor was manually one track at a time.  

Always On My Mind

I had just imported a collaboration of this  project from Bandlab into CbB by selecting Cakewalk's new "Browse Bandlab Projects" import from the "File" menu.

While all tracks successfully downloaded, went thru sample rate conversion processing and loaded into CbB very quickly, but the mix wasn't even close to what I expected or sounds like playing from Bandlab's Mix Editor or stereo mixdown stream.

I had adjusted Bandlab's Output Level Fader to only occasionally peak in the red. I realize it's not an actual mixer "Buss"  section where a compressor or limiter can be applied, but it seems to get the desired levels for songs streamed from Bandlab.

But after being imported into Cakewalk All channel unity gain levels defaulted @ 0 db, and all channels are peaking very HOT into the red and need to be dialed back to around -6 db for CbB's master buss metering to stay below 0 db ceiling set @ 0 db.

OK.... That's not too big of a deal and can be easily corrected..

But....

But none of the mixing or editing tweaks and "changes" I made in Bandlab's Mix Editor were applied to the audio tracks I imported back into Cakewalk.

And I had performed quite a bit of remixing, applying automation envelopes & editing in Bandlab's Mix Editor to remove unnecessary noises and stuff like jamming guitar phrases I played on guitar to establish a musical road map for melody [ vocal click track] so a singer would have a "rough idea" of what notes to [try] to hit & where to sing verses and chorus sections. Then edit & remove them once a vocal track is recorded.

But Mix Editor did NOT export any of these changes back into CbB. 🤯

All in all, most of the things I said in the above post concerning mixing & editing obviously has to do with Bandlab's Mix Editor which has been getting better and better. It's pretty amazing actually, I never thought I'd live to see the day when a cloud based DAW would be possible, never mind be able to integrate and make it possible to users of Android, Apple, and Windows to collaborate so easily on one unified platform.🤯  

Cakewalk's new ability to import all tracks at once as raw files with a few clicks of a mouse is a super FAST & EASY workflow enhancement.

And that alone makes it ULTIMATELY SWEET all in itself!🙏🏼

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2021 at 7:24 PM, Jim Fogle said:

I'm also giving the Bandlab online DAW a try.  The DAW use to only work inside the Chrome browser but I recently discovered the online DAW also works inside Firefox.

Just to know, it has worked well (at least for me) in other chromium based browsers like 'Opera' and 'Yandex' from the outset.

Edited by iRelevant
  • Thanks 1