Multiple selections in the Clips Pane

Sylvester

In the Clips Pane with an audio file imported, is it possible to have multiple selections like this?  I have made up an image file to show.  Each of the selections would have an effect that is processed in the selection.  The effect would not be processed outside of the selections.

Another separate issue:

I have imported a few VST effects from Sonar 8.  I apply them to an audio file, but when I want to undo these effects from the file, they are not being recognised in the History.  The name of the effect is not showing.

Selection.GIF

History.GIF

No, multiple selection it not possible within in a single clip.  The only way to do that, is to split the clips first (without auto-crossfade). Then you can select them as separate clips. If you've split without crossfades, there should be no audible difference between the two.

The undo history issue is likely a issue when do something with the plugin name. I'm I right in assuming the actual undo operation works fine?

Splendid!  The Split tool worked perfectly, thanks.  This is exactly what I was wanting to do.  The Split At Selection in the Split Clips box is the one.

The Undo History seems to only work with the top Process menu, Apply Effects - Remove Silence, Gain, Normalise et cetera.  But if you right click in a selection, Process Effects, Audio Effects, any effect will not be recorded in History.  Only the word "Undo" is displayed.  And yes, you can undo them.  I thought it was my old Sonar 8 VSTs, but it applies to all effect in this version too.  The effects name will not display.

Process.GIF