Memorise The Protocol (What you think guys)

whoisp

Mixed it up a bit with this vibe, flowing from soft indie/rock to a spoken or soft rap/hip/hop type vibe. Flows well i think and tells the story....  Some nice bits of lead guitar in the break, i really wanted to extend it, but kept it simple and seems to work with subtle driving bass in parts...  I really wanted to fly a spaceship haha

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Really like this - cool track and great video - i wonder sometimes if people realize just how long these videos take to pull together.?

Anyway, great stuff

Nigel

Thank you Nigel 🙂

i am using 17 tracks in the song to vary the sounds to have flowing transitions which were difficult with this song, then it just came together real fast. Reality the song is i am the four peace band but i added FX for ambiences. The production with layering different vocals did take up probably 10 tracks. Song tuck me a week from start to finish ( write mix and master)

Video was about three days work . However i had stock video of the model and the 3D spaceship to save time. The rest i shot on my sony phone and webcam with a green sheet for green screen. The 2D spaceships, i created in photoshop like the eye, then animated, also used track and masking with keyframes, that took most of the time with green screen work. Iv'e worked out how to track and mask video, not great but i understand things better, its very time consuming so i don't go OTT. My friend spent a whole year doing one 15min animation as a project at uni. I use my phone which is not ideal and the green screen you really need a studio so no shadows. Video editing is very similar to music in a kind of way.  You could take ages doing a video or soundtrack)  hire models or bands  and equipment is a mission on its own.  I guess a video storyboard could take days to write.

The stumpers song and animation i did, put me off doing animation as that took a month which distracted me from music but i like to learn new stuff long the way, helps with the creative mind

Phil

5 hours ago, Peter C said:

Really nice sense of space in the song, video cleverly edited together. And in double quick time. My (our) last one took 3 months! And yes it distracted from music creation. But you need image with music. Great job. 

Cheers Peter, yes i feel the same need images with music... 

Phil, really great job here. The song holds up well all by itself, my only thought was maybe in the spoken rap sections the vocals could come up just a bit in volume, but good enough as is.

If you put that together in just a couple of days, that's a helluva job! Visuals suited the story but the song carries both imho. Nice!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 1:13 AM, emeraldsoul said:

Phil, really great job here. The song holds up well all by itself, my only thought was maybe in the spoken rap sections the vocals could come up just a bit in volume, but good enough as is.

If you put that together in just a couple of days, that's a helluva job! Visuals suited the story but the song carries both imho. Nice!

cheers,

-Tom

Funny you say that Tom, i had more problems with the last spoken section with backing singing in background (end chorus section) I had to create loads of space with panning and EQ. Could only get it to work one way due the music being busy but its what i actually wanted, just took ages to mix and master, well longer than any other song ive done, im getting more ***** and picky. Pushing the vocal up on automation and dropping the backing wasn't working or dropping the music created mud.  So i totally change the pro channel EQ mastering and panning with automation or it was either really to loud top end losing the bass or to quite (muffy and muddy) when mastering.  This is my 6th song on ever using a DAW so my learning curve be crazy with brain overload, im still getting to grips and need to go back to trusting my ears more and not over complicated things. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 8:02 PM, Paul Bush said:

super recording, and guitar work, vocals lots in there great song

Cheers Paul im a tad uninspired at the moment. I have a few ideas to do, maybe some EDM but im get the urge to be silly with something 

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, freddy j said:

This is an interesting incorporation of a bit of hip-hop in this song.  Great music and visual that complement each other.  Very nice stuff indeed!

Cheers Freddy, i try to keep it interesting.  Having a big issue with my new song, there's a bit  not quite right, currently changing it and its thrown my part mix so having to do the mix again for headroom as dynamics went ***** up 

15 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Terrific guitar tone and I thought the mix on the sung vocal suited the song perfectly. Really well executed - the whole package - great work.

Andy

Thanks a lot Andy, nice to hear feed back, this song tuck longer than normal and my next song really causing me problems. The more a learn with cakewalk the more ***** i get with the tech and messing with buses etc.