Melda 15

cclarry

MeldaProduction has announced the 15th round of the Eternal Madness Discount 2021!
50% OFF some of the most powerful audio plugins on the market until April 18th (23:59:59 UTC).

MDrumEnhancer - a unique enhancer for drums which makes drum replaces obsolete and can even be used in real time!

MCabinet - a revolutionary cabinet simulator mainly for guitars and bass.

MRotary - design your own rotary cabinet from any material and up to 6 speakers, the ultimate rotary!

MFreqShifterMB - a powerful frequency shifter for everything from mild stereo expansion to complete destruction.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/emd

Anyone using MCabinet MB?  I haven't A/B'ed any IR loaers but it seems to do things others don't.  I love tilt EQs, too, and they have one integrated in the plugin.  So far I've used NadIR, Audio Assault's loader, and Pulse but not sure the additional tools/features make a significant difference workflow-wise or sonically.

2 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Anyone using MCabinet MB?  I haven't A/B'ed any IR loaers but it seems to do things others don't.  I love tilt EQs, too, and they have one integrated in the plugin.  So far I've used NadIR, Audio Assault's loader, and Pulse but not sure the additional tools/features make a significant difference workflow-wise or sonically.

I started testing it last night as it is one I've been interested in.

Effectivly I was scratching the surface doing A/B testing turning the cab sims on and off of PA plugins and comparing that with MCabinet (I didn't go the "MB" route yet as for testing I need to start simple).

First impressions were pretty good.  But it is interesting how some settings can sound great on one amp when I set it up where I like it, then switch the amp I put in front of it and it sounds like total garbage.  Not "it isn't a great fit for that amp" but truly garbage, not like you woudl experience swapping out a cab in the real world.   But spending time with one amp, and tweaking MCab, I could certainly get usable sounds out of it without a doubt.  The question for me generally speaking is it really going to offer "better" sounds easily across the board and also worth the cost.  If it was half off the sale price, I'd call it a no-brainer.  At close to $60ish, it is a little pricey IMO.  

If I was using a hardware modeler that loads IRs, I'd imagine I wouldn't even balk at the price since you can create custom IRs with it.  But as someone who only plans to use it in the box with VSTs that already have solid options built into the plugin itself (and a super handy way to preview them).....I'll be doing more testing before pulling the trigger.

For an effect like this, having more than a week (duration of the sale) would be helpful.  This isn't a plugin I htink you can really come to grips with in a hour.