Rise of The She-Bulk

dr.hash

A sonic 3d audio-visual play or at least it will be once I do the animation.

Dr. Alice Horn, a pre-eminent psychiatrist, a world renowned artist and now part-time mercenary. Dr. Horn recently discovered she had a long lost cousin - Neb Bixby. Naturally she investigates and discovers that, Neb Bixby is indeed The Incredible Bulk! Coincidence or not, at the same she meets ***** McFee...Neb Bixby's arch-nemesis and together they hatch a fiendish plot to create THE SHE-BULK!

Set in the late 1980s - Rise of The She-Bulk is the long awaited sequel to Don't Make Me Angry - The Incredible Bulk. This time the work feels more like a 1930s radio play. The first section of the work creates a day in the life of the main character - Dr. Alice Horn. Here we hear the reasons why she became and becomes The She-Bulk...so sleezy guys, innuendos etc. We also hear how she meets ***** McFee through work. The second section morphs into a news broadcast reporting on The She-Bulk. The media are the real villains of our times, and here I present Max Bland of CBC News New York morphing into THE ACTUAL DEVIL...hence the sleezy lyrics near the end.

The work is really a commentary on our contemporary times and the predominant themes of said times...so the woke or cancel culture and the #metoo movement. Whilst, I have created the work to be largely sympathetic to what women put up with...there is always a caveat - and that is the Nietzsche quote -
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you"

which is clearly a larger theme across The Incredible and She-Hulk universe and of which this send-up is also set.

Rise of The She-Bulk, written, performed, mixed and mastered by Neb.
Max Bland, Karl Rouge and Sir Richard Snogwhiz played by Neb.

Stay Tuned for 3d animation.

Enjoy!!

Edited by dr.hash
  • Like 1

Thanks for listening and commenting. 

Yes, I suppose it's a little out there - but when you can create music like She-Bulk...there isn't anywhere else you can go really lol.  I do like to challenge myself and my ear I suppose. We've really dumbed down musical art - the conservatoriums here in Oz should be helping push western art music into new dimensions. You need a fair degree of music theory and context skill to create music like She-Bulk. I use Notion 6 for almost all my virtual instrument writing these days. You can really push the humanize control with Notion. Then of course you also have access to a full orchestra of instruments. 

I should also metion that I use Sonar for tracking, mixing and mastering (not Bandlab or whatever software is called these days).  Although I used Reaper for a bit of vox varispeed. And even though I use mostly Waves effects for fx processing - I still use Sonar's tape sim...a lot, the tube saturation which is how I got the electric guitars to sound the way I did. I also use the quad EQ a lot too. Very quick and musical as they say. 

Thanks again for listening.