Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition Pre-order

cclarry

Was there any info given whether they will keep the old Play libraries still available to buy, like for example I have the Silver Strings now and would like to upgrade to Gold in a year or two, or are they trying to fully replace them with the new content in the foreseeable future?

13 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Was there any info given whether they will keep the old Play libraries still available to buy, like for example I have the Silver Strings now and would like to upgrade to Gold in a year or two, or are they trying to fully replace them with the new content in the foreseeable future?

At this point it appears that they will remain...and from what's been stated, would be more beneficial than
the Opus anyways

• Like 1

BTW...I neglected to say that this is probably the worst intro offer ever...right up there
with some of IK's shenanigans...

You buy a thousand dollar orchestra, and they want $500 for an upgrade (almost the same
as buying the FULL package) that really should be moderately priced (and FREE would be even
better) - especially considering how many are technically "Covid Unemployed"!

Consider that HO Diamond is $699 and Opus is $799....shouldn't the upgrade price
be like $100?

Opus, being the new "Player" should also be free...
(and most likely will be in a few months, just like Player 6 was!)

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I have Diamond from upgrading from Gold.  So technically I have both.  But it looks like I can only upgrade Diamond.  Then I will be stuck with Opus Diamond and Play Diamond and Play Gold.  For a crazy high price compared to a full purchase.  I'm just having a hard time seeing the value here.  If they had released Opus player even with a price for the older Play libraries I might be able to see.  But as things stand, I'm going to have to gamble that they will at least repeat this intro upgrade pricing or I'll decide I don't care and will never upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, cclarry said:

BTW...I neglected to say that this is probably the worst intro offer ever...right up there
with some of IK's shenanigans...

You buy a thousand dollar orchestra, and they want $500 for an upgrade (almost the same
as buying the FULL package) that really should be moderately priced (and FREE would be even
better) - especially considering how many are technically "Covid Unemployed"!

Consider that HO Diamond is $699 and Opus is $799....shouldn't the upgrade price
be like $100?

Opus, being the new "Player" should also be free...
(and most likely will be in a few months, just like Player 6 was!)

They are adding the solo libraries and the orchestrator, so there’s new stuff, but it’s still expensive.

Looking at it I think Opus will eventually replace Play.  As far as I can see so far everything I had in Play works in Opus in much the same way as it did in Play, it seems to be just a new player with a new GIU. Play exists along side but I think I will be using Opus as a player from now on unless some nasty jumps out on me.

Orchestrator loads as an instrument in Opus. This looks like a simplified way of loading libraries. Its nice for laying out instruments, say a full string section across a keyboard and could be handy if you are using it live.

I am very happy to have it as part of my CC subscription but the perpetual upgrade price seems wide of the mark.

Edited by Vernon Barnes