Fanatical Magix Bundles

cclarry

I have quite a few versions of Magix Music Maker that I got over the years from promotions and bundles and I never paid much attention to it. Last year I decided to give it a spin and came across the Song Maker feature, which has been a total blast as an inspiration tool to get started on new music projects.

Not clearly mentioned in the description: after registering the Music Bundle, the confirmation email will include 2 x up to $20 discount coupons, applicable for buying Magix Soundpools at the Music Maker in-app store or at  Producerplanet.

(if you already have too many soundpools/sample libraries, and don't care for the coupons, you can  easily sell them for ~$2 each, see my sig 😉)

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
Fanatical updated their description to make this very clear
  • Like 3

MusicMaker is actually a free application, but you don't get the $40 credit to buy stuff.    My biggest worry is that if I like this  that $10 purchase could get expensive. 

I did some searching and apparently ACID loops work within Music Maker.  I have a pretty big collection of those.  Of course, they might not work with Songmaker, which is the only thing that intrigues me. 

Still this could be more fun than the actual versions of ACID, because they crash all the time.   Sometimes I just want to drag some loops in like the old days. 

There are a bunch of freebies on Producer Planet.

Even  if I don't like Songmaker, that $40 can buy a lot of sound effects in their store, something I definitely want. 

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Even  if I don't like Songmaker, that $40 can buy a lot of sound effects in their store, something I definitely want. 

Note Magix' non-commercial use restriction.  I know you mentioned not usually using stuff with this restriction in one of your videos.  I am in the same boat.  I bought a few of their packs in the early days, and although I don't currently license or sell music, I prefer not to keep track of such sources.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

Note Magix' non-commercial use restriction.  I know you mentioned not usually using stuff with this restriction in one of your videos.  I am in the same boat.  I bought a few of their packs in the early days, and although I don't currently license or sell music, I prefer not to keep track of such sources.

True.  In fact I used a Magix "freebie" as an example in my video..   But they do sell commercial rights for more $$$.   Their two cartoon effect sets are $9.99 each for non-commercial and then $29.99 for commercial.  Still very cheap compared to commercial effects packages on other sites. 

But there are no demos and they don't even say how many files are included. 

Still  $10 for $40 in the store might be a good deal.  I'm going to get it and see.   The Song Maker looks like a lot of fun.

I bought it, but haven't been able to install it.

It came with serial numbers for Music Maker Coupon 1 and Music Maker Coupon 2.  These serial numbers begin with G3

Music Maker kept asking for my serial number, but it needs a serial number that starts with P3.  All the other serial numbers from Magix in this bundle start with P3.  These two G3 coupon serial numbers were not accepted on the Magix site either.  I'm guessing that you can redeem them within Music Maker after you register it. But I had no luck with that.

Any advice for me? 

I left a note in their forum because I've never had any luck with service from Magix on anything.

What I have is Music Maker Free, which is the software they give out for free on the site.  It does not have the Song Maker Feature.   In fairness, Fanatical doesn't say that it does.   They're giving you the free one plus store credit.

So I guess at this point I just want to find out how I can get my hands on those coupons and maybe buy some sound effects. Otherwise I'm out ten bucks.  I don't really need the other stuff.   Maybe I will find a use for Samplitude Music Studio.

@Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann   Do you know how I can get the credits from my serial numbers? 

>Music Maker kept asking for my serial number, but it needs a serial number that starts with P3

For me, the MusicMaker serial numbers weren't in the email but they show up in my Magix account (log in to the website, then go to My Account > My Products)

>[the basic version] does not have the Song Maker Feature

I did use coupons for getting features from the in-app store (at the beginning I had many coupons from several promotions) . Yes It is annoying that they're "up to $20" for one item, you cannot get two $10 features with one $20 coupon (the $20 can be used for one $10 feature but you waste the remaining half). The "more tracks" feature moved very quickly  to the top  of the "wants"  list after getting Song Maker. I also got other features like VST support which looked "essential", but actually they haven't been that useful, as I end up using the "export tracks to wav" and doing all the the creative effects, mixing and mastering in another DAW.

Note that if you like the "object oriented" approach that Magix apps use,  Samplitude can import MMM projects (drag and drop the mmm project into the main Samplitude window)

>ACID loops work within Music Maker.  Of course, they might not work with Song Maker, which is the only thing that intrigues me. 

Song Maker depends heavily on the multi-pitch loops in soundpools. It is possible to create your own soundpool using Acid but it does take a bit of preparation work, as you need to pitch-shift the loops and save the various pitches, copying the structure from another soundpool and tweaking the .inf and .xml files. You will also need some plugin/tool that lets you do the pitch-shifting by manipulating individual notes so that you can change loops from major to minor as needed (e.g., the Song Maker templates reference loops in: C d e F G a)

>Maybe [use the coupons to] buy some sound effects.

Just keep in mind that the coupons have restrictions, primarily they won't work for "3rd-party" purchases, and it is sometimes confusing because different Magix "labels" (e.g., MAGIX and ACID) are not unified in the store. I got coupons when I bought ACID that won't work for buying Soundpools, and coupons when I bought MMM that won't work for buying ACIDized collections (even though all the coupons begin with G3 and look similar)

As an additional comment - the MMM in-app store doesn't have a sale right now but they run sales very frequently. Some patience generally pays off well (e.g., the larger soundpools where the commercial versions are $40, they are often 40%~50% off and can then be purchased with just one coupon, or a coupon and only a small amount of cash)

• Thanks 1

Just so everybody knows...

To be clear, I have confirmed that no serial number for Music Maker comes with this deal. It's the free version. So no Song Maker.

While there are a number of Sound Pools that come with Samplitude, they don't turn up in Music Maker when I put them in the folder with the others.   Even the Sound Pool that came with the program doesn't load up now.  Only the free ones I got from the store.

If you buy the current version of Music Maker, all codes will no longer work.   So you need to use these codes now before upgrading to a future version.

Finally, in the grand old tradition of MAGIX, even though I only loaded up Music Maker a few times, it crashed my computer. 

Hopefully I can get some use out of the other programs.   I'll try out the Audio Cleaning Kit for my video narrations.  But I doubt it will be better than RX7, which doesn't crash my computer. 

After my nightmares with Vegas, I think I just might be done with MAGIX, although I admit I am still curious about Song Maker. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Hopefully I can get some use out of the other programs.   I'll try out the Audio Cleaning Kit for my video narrations.  But I doubt it will be better than RX7, which doesn't crash my computer. 

The audio cleaner isn't even close to RX7

I wouldn't bother wasting your time with it if I were you.  Stick with RX7 and get on with making music/narrations.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

While there are a number of Sound Pools that come with Samplitude, they don't turn up in Music Maker when I put them in the folder with the others. 

You need to go to File>Settings>Program Settings and click the "Rescan Soundpools" button (they are not re-scanned automatically at startup, you do need to click the button)

In this dialog there is also a Folders tab where you specify the location of the Soundpools, you probably want to check it is set correctly.

• Like 1

Sweeter deal! I just received an email

Thank you for your recent purchase of the Fanatical Music Bundle 2 by MAGIX. This should have included a third coupon and we apologise for this oversight. Please find your new coupon below.
<code removed>
This coupon has a value of $20USD and can be used as additional credit against selected product in the MAGIX In App Store.
These coupons are valid until the 31st of December 2022.

I had MM and soundpools I purchased from previous humble bundle deals so I bought the Fanatical Music Bundle 2 and used a $20 voucher + $10 of real money to add the Song Maker feature.  Now, I can make use of the soundpools I have (but never used).

I'm running into the 8 track limit of the free MM when generating songs so for now, I just unselect some instruments.

Got the $1 MM Score Edition via Humble Bundle.  Added some of the score soundpools listed in Song Maker.  Now, I'm looking to add more of the listed soundpools.

Right now, I'm having a blast just generating the songs.  Eventually, I need to figure out how to change keys and chords.

You can select up to four soundpools when generating a song, so it's kind of fun to have it do a mashup of different genres.

Also, Samplitude Music Studio in the bundle installs instruments that show up in MM so you don't have to buy them in MM (even though they don't show up in the store as bought).

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

@ALC it's great to hear about more people having fun with Song Maker!

I started collecting info about my experiments with it, with the intention of writing an article/guide. I'm attaching a draft here. It's unfinished but I hope it can help you if you'd like to tweak templates and soundpools. Besides the templates the other options for changing keys and chords are: using the pitch bar, or selecting the pitch for individual clips from their right click menu. A word of caution about the pitch bar - it is functional but also "a little buggy". E.g., in my machine it only shows up if I turn off the "objects with stereo images" option. It also crashes occasionally and "undo" is hit-or-miss. When using the pitch bar you probably want to save often and with different filenames

Music Creation with Magix Music Maker.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

I started collecting info about my experiments with it, with the intention of writing an article/guide. I'm attaching a draft here.

You put a lot of work into it, and it demonstrates in depth expertise.

Thanks.  Much appreciated. 

• Like 1