Jump to content
Morten Saether

[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.04 Early Access

Recommended Posts

A little thing, not important, but strange, new to this release.

In track view, sometimes I get this vertical grey line randomly appearing in a track. See screenshot.

I´ll try to reproduce it and report it.

screenshot.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andres Medina said:

A little thing, not important, but strange, new to this release.

In track view, sometimes I get this vertical grey line randomly appearing in a track. See screenshot.

I´ll try to reproduce it and report it.

screenshot.png

Got it:

1. Insert midi or audio track

2. Press NumPad - any number (1,2,3)

Then the grey line appears an moves depending on the number typed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, just found out that using the NumPad when assigned to screenshots via shortcuts, doesn't work or work randomly: Sometimes it triggers the linked screenshot, sometimes it doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

ot it:

1. Insert midi or audio track

2. Press NumPad - any number (1,2,3)

Then the grey line appears an moves depending on the number typed.

Looks like enhanced keyboard editing was invoked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andres Medina said:

By the way, just found out that using the NumPad when assigned to screenshots via shortcuts, doesn't work or work randomly: Sometimes it triggers the linked screenshot, sometimes it doesn't.

This may be what turned on the enhanced editor. AFAIK, the numbers on the typewriter side of the keyboard should be used for screensets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, scook said:

This may be what turned on the enhanced editor. AFAIK, the numbers on the typewriter side of the keyboard should be used for screensets

Thanks!

Yes, I already have assigned the screensets that way: the trouble is that sometimes pressing the numbers invokes the screenset, sometimes it does nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Sorry, cannot reproduce:

 

I think I have figured this out and I believe it is a bug. Everything does work correctly just like on your video UNLESS you have an open Piano roll window in the troublesome screenset. Try to do the same now with  Piano roll on the screenset without tempo track but with arranger track present. Arranger track diappears every time you switch from tempo map screenset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I did some tests this morning to see if I could quantify this a little more. I have tried it a few times betwen 2020.01 and 2020.04 EA using the rollback installer. I can now say for sure that I get a lot  more dropouts with the EA. To try and show this I have increased DropoutMsec from 250 to 2500 msec so that playback wouldn't stop in EA. I then played 1m20s of my project in both 2021.01 and 2021.04 EA. Here are the results. The max engine load is not that much more in EA, but with this project it generates almost 45% more late buffers. At the default DropoutMsec of 250 msec, the project normally plays true, or at least for the most part, with crackle in 2020.01 and stops after a few seconds on EA.

In case this might be seen differently: I give this as information if it could be helpful in anyway to the devs. It is not something I am complaining about. I am totally aware that this project is too complex, using plugings that are probably too cpu intensive pushing my PC to its limit.

2021.01

 

2021.04 EA

 

Are you using the new tempo view or do you have lots of plugin automation envelopes in the project? It's hard to say more without looking at your project file so if you can share it somewhere it might show something. 

As far as the engine goes there shouldn't be any extra load in this release. However automation rendering is at a higher resolution so it's not impossible that there could be a marginal increase if you have lots of plugin automation. There is a configuration seeing to control the resolution as well if you want to play with it. See the release notes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TheGomes said:

Hello Guys. Nice Update.

But... I can´t find this option: Help > Sign Out from BandLab

And Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal\PC2ALevelingAmplifier there is only one folder called Resource with no DLL inside. I can´t find PC2A.

Thank you.

image.png.1d1c82c307d2e10d5f6085ce0efd1386.png

Any help?

I can´t sign out Bandlab account and PC2A doesn´t install.

I tried disable Windows Defender and install as Administrator. 

Don´t Work.

Any Help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheGomes said:

Any help?

I can´t sign out Bandlab account and PC2A doesn´t install.

I tried disable Windows Defender and install as Administrator. 

Don´t Work.

Any Help?

Have you tried this using the English language? You should know that localization is done after the early access phase.
Maybe the menu item in the help menu is missing because of missing translations?

All the best 2 U

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Are you using the new tempo view or do you have lots of plugin automation envelopes in the project? It's hard to say more without looking at your project file so if you can share it somewhere it might show something. 

As far as the engine goes there shouldn't be any extra load in this release. However automation rendering is at a higher resolution so it's not impossible that there could be a marginal increase if you have lots of plugin automation. There is a configuration seeing to control the resolution as well if you want to play with it. See the release notes.

I do not have the tempo view opened when I do my tests, but I have a tempo map derived from a live track so there are a lot of tempo changes. I have very little automation changes in this project, only a single track with one bypass to a plugin, IIRC. Things I have tried this morning, in this order, in light of your comments:

  • Clear the tempo map.
  • Set AutomationDecimatioMsec to 30, the maximum.
  • Disabled automation read on all tracks and busses.

Unfortunatly, no real changes after each of those.

I can certainly make the project available to you on my Google drive. Is the .cwp all you need? I can PM you a link to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cédric Lawde This will be fixed in the next installer build, but you're seeing the 0 KB PC2A file because there was an issue with where the installer was packaging localized versions of the PC2A .dll files. If you run the installer again in English you should see a proper PC2A file.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

@Cédric Lawde This will be fixed in the next installer build, but you're seeing the 0 KB PC2A file because there was an issue with where the installer was packaging localized versions of the PC2A .dll files. If you run the installer again in English you should see a proper PC2A file.

Thank you very much ... I had made up my mind and considered having to reinstall my computer. This is good news !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jaime Ramírez said:

In this EA, I can't delelte or remove (click the trash can) a tempo change in the new tempo view in the track inspector... 

no problem here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I do not have the tempo view opened when I do my tests, but I have a tempo map derived from a live track so there are a lot of tempo changes. I have very little automation changes in this project, only a single track with one bypass to a plugin, IIRC. Things I have tried this morning, in this order, in light of your comments:

  • Clear the tempo map.
  • Set AutomationDecimatioMsec to 30, the maximum.
  • Disabled automation read on all tracks and busses.

Unfortunatly, no real changes after each of those.

I can certainly make the project available to you on my Google drive. Is the .cwp all you need? I can PM you a link to it.

@Jacques Boileau Thanks for checking. Yes if you could send me a link to the cwp file as a start I can take a look. 
There are no other changes of relevance in this release so its puzzling why you would see a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jaime Ramírez said:

In this EA, I can't delelte or remove (click the trash can) a tempo change in the new tempo view in the track inspector... 

@Jaime Ramírez Select the tempo(s) you want to delete, then right-click and select Delete, or press the DELETE key. You cannot delete the first tempo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Jacques Boileau Thanks for checking. Yes if you could send me a link to the cwp file as a start I can take a look. 
There are no other changes of relevance in this release so its puzzling why you would see a difference.

Done through PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Morten Saether said:

@Jaime Ramírez Select the tempo(s) you want to delete, then right-click and select Delete, or press the DELETE key. You cannot delete the first tempo.

I will try that way... Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...