Morten Saether

[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.04 Early Access

20 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

A reminder to please also take some time to also evaluate the new integrated BandLab library capabilities.

Definitely going to check it out. I have a couple vocalists with an USB mic-to-a phone, that are waiting for a collaboration. I hope someone can make a short video tutorial for such scenario where one person creates a project on the phone and records just a vocal track (maybe creates a simple click track first there) then invites a producer to collaborate, and then the other way around. Any takers? :) 

• Like 2

I didn't think this feature would be for me but I realized that I often record vocal ideas or rhythms using the Voice Recorder app on my iPhone. Last time I tried to export from the iPhone and import them into Cakewalk, the sample rate was strangely out of sync.

I don't know if BandLab would allow me to record audio fragments on my iPhone and then import them into Cakewalk without this audio syncing issue but it seems like something I will investigate.

• Great Idea 1

Two of my custom themes are getting reported as having a "Custom Theme Incompatibility" despite containing no changes to the default Inspector Tab button images. 

Is there any chance of a "Show details" report that could tell me what has been found as incompatible?

8 minutes ago, Colin Nicholls said:

I didn't think this feature would be for me but I realized that I often record vocal ideas or rhythms using the Voice Recorder app on my iPhone. Last time I tried to export from the iPhone and import them into Cakewalk, the sample rate was strangely out of sync.

I don't know if BandLab would allow me to record audio fragments on my iPhone and then import them into Cakewalk without this audio syncing issue but it seems like something I will investigate.

I don’t know if it is still available, but back in Sonar days, 12Tones released an ios app called Momentum (?) which allows 4 track recording and direct xfer of tracks to Sonar. I believe it still works but might not be available?

just a thought.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Two of my custom themes are getting reported as having a "Custom Theme Incompatibility" despite containing no changes to the default Inspector Tab button images. 

Is there any chance of a "Show details" report that could tell me what has been found as incompatible?

FYI: When I "edit" each of the Inspector Tab images and then save back over the default into to the theme (but without making any image changes), and then save the theme, I can now open the theme without seeing the Compatibility Warning.

Huh: If I then re-edit the them and remove my "custom" yet un-altered images, and re-save the theme, I can now use the them without getting the compatibility warning.

Edited by Colin Nicholls

18 minutes ago, Colin Nicholls said:

It should be completely fine and I do this often. Just use the BandLab app on Android or iOS and record there. Your project should automatically show up the next time you open the library view in CbB. Then either directly open the project or import the track into your current CbB project. You can also use BandLab like a cloud audio clipboard this way to share audio between different PC's or mobile devices. The integrated cloud support is a very powerful tool.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Keni said:

I don’t know if it is still available, but back in Sonar days, 12Tones released an ios app called Momentum (?) which allows 4 track recording and direct xfer of tracks to Sonar. I believe it still works but might not be available?

just a thought.

This is light years more powerful than what Momentum did. Just use the BandLab iOS or Android app. And the projects will automatically be available in Cakewalk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

This is a great addition. Could you add an easy way to swap between accounts in the Bandlab library? I don't know if I am missing something but I don't see a log out button.

Edited by Feral State Sound

52 minutes ago, Feral State Sound said:

This is a great addition. Could you add an easy way to swap between accounts in the Bandlab library? I don't know if I am missing something but I don't see a log out button.

You can sign out from your account anytime from the help menu and then sign in as another user.

I guess it’s time to start using Bandlab! I can see how it could be useful at least for recording demos on my phone and then opening it up in CbB.

It would be cool if we could also access the loops and sample material from here as well. There’s some quality stuff in there and I’m not able to download from the Assistant app.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Esteban Villanova said:

I guess it’s time to start using Bandlab! I can see how it could be useful at least for recording demos on my phone and then opening it up in CbB.

It would be cool if we could also access the loops and sample material from here as well. There’s some quality stuff in there and I’m not able to download from the Assistant app.

This will come in a future update. Already working on it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

This is light years more powerful than what Momentum did. Just use the BandLab iOS or Android app. And the projects will automatically be available in Cakewalk.

Sounds very cool Noel. I’ll check it out for sure. I suspected something of this nature to be on the horizon. I’m glad to be seeing it come to life.

Many thanks to You, Noel and all the Bakers who work so hard to make this stuff happen and the foresight our beloved owner has shown in directing the plan!

18 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Question: How do I hide the tempo track once I've made it visible?

just drag the bottom line to the top 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chris.r said:

Definitely going to check it out. I have a couple vocalists with an USB mic-to-a phone, that are waiting for a collaboration. I hope someone can make a short video tutorial for such scenario where one person creates a project on the phone and records just a vocal track (maybe creates a simple click track first there) then invites a producer to collaborate, and then the other way around. Any takers? :) 

This is literally as simple as bringing up the export to BandLab option and choosing to export a final mix or include the stems you want for accompaniment.
Then share the project with in BandLab to the vocalist and have them sing in the new track while listening to the comp. 
When they save their version, it should appear as a revision automatically in the library view.
You can then open the main CWP project and import their revision into it and continue from there. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Nice that Bandlab's (Meng) vision for how CbB fits into the puzzle is starting to show itself. Yay!   Oh and thanks Cakewalk and Meng for making this great DAW live-on.

Yes, that's obvious now. ThxAloT to the Bakers! Next Idea: What about a deep integration of Bandlab Sounds in the media browser 😉

2 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

This will come in a future update. Already working on it.

Great! I was hoping this was going to come.

We're just scratching the surface with BandLab integration features. Please let us know how they work for you and what improvements you'd like to see while the iron is hot! Not that it ever cools down much around here :P 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

It should be completely fine and I do this often. Just use the BandLab app on Android or iOS and record there. Your project should automatically show up the next time you open the library view in CbB. Then either directly open the project or import the track into your current CbB project. You can also use BandLab like a cloud audio clipboard this way to share audio between different PC's or mobile devices. The integrated cloud support is a very powerful tool.

it's starting to get interesting!

47 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

This is literally as simple as bringing up the export to BandLab option and choosing to export a final mix or include the stems you want for accompaniment.
Then share the project with in BandLab to the vocalist and have them sing in the new track while listening to the comp. 
When they save their version, it should appear as a revision automatically in the library view.
You can then open the main CWP project and import their revision into it and continue from there. 

I just tested it by recording some blather on my phone and uploading it to my project with "Browse Bandlab Project"...
It works perfectly 😍 I just saved hours of handling ... thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jesse Jost said:

We're just scratching the surface with BandLab integration features. Please let us know how they work for you and what improvements you'd like to see while the iron is hot! Not that it ever cools down much around here :P 

Ha,  first I have to get an updated phone.  But I think this is going to be great!