[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.04 Early Access

11 minutes ago, Keni said:

I don’t know if it is still available, but back in Sonar days, 12Tones released an ios app called Momentum (?) which allows 4 track recording and direct xfer of tracks to Sonar. I believe it still works but might not be available?

just a thought.

This is light years more powerful than what Momentum did. Just use the BandLab iOS or Android app. And the projects will automatically be available in Cakewalk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Feral State Sound said:

This is a great addition. Could you add an easy way to swap between accounts in the Bandlab library? I don't know if I am missing something but I don't see a log out button.

You can sign out from your account anytime from the help menu and then sign in as another user.

I guess it’s time to start using Bandlab! I can see how it could be useful at least for recording demos on my phone and then opening it up in CbB.

It would be cool if we could also access the loops and sample material from here as well. There’s some quality stuff in there and I’m not able to download from the Assistant app.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Esteban Villanova said:

I guess it’s time to start using Bandlab! I can see how it could be useful at least for recording demos on my phone and then opening it up in CbB.

It would be cool if we could also access the loops and sample material from here as well. There’s some quality stuff in there and I’m not able to download from the Assistant app.

This will come in a future update. Already working on it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

This is light years more powerful than what Momentum did. Just use the BandLab iOS or Android app. And the projects will automatically be available in Cakewalk.

Sounds very cool Noel. I’ll check it out for sure. I suspected something of this nature to be on the horizon. I’m glad to be seeing it come to life.

Many thanks to You, Noel and all the Bakers who work so hard to make this stuff happen and the foresight our beloved owner has shown in directing the plan!

4 hours ago, chris.r said:

Definitely going to check it out. I have a couple vocalists with an USB mic-to-a phone, that are waiting for a collaboration. I hope someone can make a short video tutorial for such scenario where one person creates a project on the phone and records just a vocal track (maybe creates a simple click track first there) then invites a producer to collaborate, and then the other way around. Any takers? :) 

This is literally as simple as bringing up the export to BandLab option and choosing to export a final mix or include the stems you want for accompaniment.
Then share the project with in BandLab to the vocalist and have them sing in the new track while listening to the comp. 
When they save their version, it should appear as a revision automatically in the library view.
You can then open the main CWP project and import their revision into it and continue from there. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Nice that Bandlab's (Meng) vision for how CbB fits into the puzzle is starting to show itself. Yay!   Oh and thanks Cakewalk and Meng for making this great DAW live-on.

Yes, that's obvious now. ThxAloT to the Bakers! Next Idea: What about a deep integration of Bandlab Sounds in the media browser 😉

4 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

It should be completely fine and I do this often. Just use the BandLab app on Android or iOS and record there. Your project should automatically show up the next time you open the library view in CbB. Then either directly open the project or import the track into your current CbB project. You can also use BandLab like a cloud audio clipboard this way to share audio between different PC's or mobile devices. The integrated cloud support is a very powerful tool.

it's starting to get interesting!

47 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

This is literally as simple as bringing up the export to BandLab option and choosing to export a final mix or include the stems you want for accompaniment.
Then share the project with in BandLab to the vocalist and have them sing in the new track while listening to the comp. 
When they save their version, it should appear as a revision automatically in the library view.
You can then open the main CWP project and import their revision into it and continue from there. 

I just tested it by recording some blather on my phone and uploading it to my project with "Browse Bandlab Project"...
It works perfectly 😍 I just saved hours of handling ... thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jesse Jost said:

We're just scratching the surface with BandLab integration features. Please let us know how they work for you and what improvements you'd like to see while the iron is hot! Not that it ever cools down much around here :P 

Ha,  first I have to get an updated phone.  But I think this is going to be great!

1 hour ago, michheld said:

just drag the bottom line to the top 😉

Remember that keyboard shortcuts are essential for power users and to reduce RSI risk. ☺️

Promidi wrote earlier that he had some issues with the new keyboard shortcut for the tempo track:

On my system, pressing CTRL+SHIFT+5 opens the tempo track.  A subsequent press of CTRL+SHIFT+5 does not hide the tempo track.

I think keyboard shortcuts get too little love in general... (for example, "Archive Track" is still not yet bindable...  🙄)

Excited about this new release, keep it up! 👍

• Like 1

Just now, Cédric Lawde said:

After a few manipulations and installed build 2, PC2A still does not appear in my Pro Channel modules? However, I added the link to the right file.
But nothing helps?

I only see the 2A version of Native Instruments

1397208193_Capturedcran2021-04-16233826.thumb.jpg.90650d577541a9ca772f5ba85a5d805a.jpg529825492_Sanstitre-1.thumb.jpg.eb949e411d2f40e97face8436b0b7431.jpg

try doing a manual VST rescan in the preferences and check the boxes for rescan failed and rescan existing plugins (turn those off after the scan completes). 

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

That's exactly what I'm going to test tomorrow with me on my production PC and my 9-years old son on his phone and it just happened we have one of these USB mics at home laying around. I expect him to get into things instantly with just a snap and then getting bored slowly with time while waiting for me trying to figure out a few things like for example what exactly the stems are, my best bet would be it's the tracks and/or busses, as we don't have that particular feature in Cakewalk (by that name). Or what are the Track Regions in Download Settings (probably just clips) vs Track Mixdown, etc.

I asked for the video tutorial more with the other vocalists in mind because I know some of them are so much tech-resistant that giving them a phone connected to wifi into hand and asking for anything more than typing in a text message may result in a crash of the internet if something goes wrong, literally 😂

On 4/14/2021 at 8:27 PM, Morten Saether said:

Tempo track

image.png

Improved automation envelope UI

image.png

Thank you for these two. 

Especially this next one . . . 

On 4/14/2021 at 8:27 PM, Morten Saether said:

Converting MIDI controllers to envelopes:

image.png 

ThankYou. 

• Like 1

in Browse BandLab Projects, when I click View Project Online it opens the Cakewalk Core folder in windows explorer window, am I doing something wrong?

edit: happened with no bandlab project loaded, once I opened a bandlab project it worked ok

Edited by chris.r