Jump to content
Morten Saether

[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.04 Early Access

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2021 at 3:15 PM, User 905133 said:

 I am not sure if the implication is that we now have to tweak our existing Workspaces and resave them all to take into account the Tempo Track View [or whatever its called]. 

On 4/20/2021 at 6:51 PM, Will_Kaydo said:

No you dont have to tweak anything just replace it by saving it - DONE!

NOTE: After changing 2/3 of my pre-2021.04 EA custom Workspaces, testing them, and finding inconsistent results, I am not sure the simple open and save to replace method is a good one. I am rolling back to 2021.01 to test. In short, the simple method might work for some pre-2021.04 EA workspaces. 

On 4/17/2021 at 1:20 PM, msmcleod said:

. . . workspaces have no information saved as to how the tempo track should be displayed (i.e. its size & visibility).

 

Edited by User 905133
comments are no longer relevant since re-saving custom Workspaces doesn't help me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, TheSteven said:

As mentioned by @michheld  in an earlier post they seem the same except CA2A having a VST-interface and a sidechain option. 
On the CA-2A there's a button to bring up options, on the PC2A you have to right click on the module.

Right about the CA2A. Was curious about the new PC2A vs. the X1 PC2A version. I sus-pect it's a reissue.

Edited

Edited by sjoens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sjoens said:

Right about the CA2A. Was curious about the new PA2A vs. the X1 version. I sus-pect it's a reissue.

CA2A is the 'other' version...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have been trying to bounce an arp to clips in this early release and it will not work... I am not sure if it worked for an earlier build but it can be duplicated in the 2021.04 early release. I have tried 3 different vsts and the same issue is happening I put on the arp of the appended track bounce to clip and nothing happenes and it turns off the arp. I have tried Kontact, Sampletank 4 and SinePlayer all do the same thing with the bounce to clips when I use the arp function in the midi channel of the track. When I create a new track same instrument it will do the arp and bounce correctly but appended tracks will not bounce to clips to add the arp to the midi. I did a video demonstrating the issue. I hope this can be resolved. Thanks Bakers 

 

 

Edited by Xel Ohh
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

@Noel Borthwick  Esta versão permite que você use o Izotope RX8 como um editor externo de arquivos de som nos moldes do Sound Forge?

Google translate:  Does this version allow you to use Izotope RX8 as an external sound file editor along the lines of Sound Forge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Xel Ohh said:

I have been trying to bounce an arp to clips in this early release and it will not work... I am not sure if it worked for an earlier build but it can be duplicated in the 2021.04 early release. I have tried 3 different vsts and the same issue is happening I put on the arp of the appended track bounce to clip and nothing happenes and it turns off the arp. I have tried Kontact, Sampletank 4 and SinePlayer all do the same thing with the bounce to clips when I use the arp function in the midi channel of the track. When I create a new track same instrument it will do the arp and bounce correctly but appended tracks will not bounce to clips to add the arp to the midi. I did a video demonstrating the issue. I hope this can be resolved. Thanks Bakers 

 

 

Hi @Xel Ohh - it looks like it's getting confused with what MIDI channels it should be filtering out when doing the bounce. We'll look into this further, but in the meantime, setting the Arp's MIDI channel to either "All Channels", or the MIDI channel of the note event themselves will fix the issue:

image.png.990956e3cef3fec6e656b56cc3aeda3f.png

[EDIT] - @Xel Ohh , we've identified and fixed the issue here - the next update will have the fix.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Hi @Xel Ohh - it looks like it's getting confused with what MIDI channels it should be filtering out when doing the bounce. We'll look into this further, but in the meantime, setting the Arp's MIDI channel to either "All Channels", or the MIDI channel of the note event themselves will fix the issue:

image.png.990956e3cef3fec6e656b56cc3aeda3f.png

[EDIT] - @Xel Ohh , we've identified and fixed the issue here - the next update will have the fix.
 

Thanks I will try this didnt even notice that before in the midi channel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2021 at 12:18 PM, Colin Nicholls said:

I just got a C0000005 crash in Cakewalk.exe. I was attempting to trip a project down to minimal size by deleting all clips up to a certain point. Then I enabled Ripple Edit (All) and pressed DELETE to remove the empty space.

Zipped .DMP file available here

This may not be a .04 EA issue but figured I'd post this here.

@Colin Nicholls Thanks dump shows the crash is while processing arrangement sections. Well fix it for the main release.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2021 at 5:18 PM, Colin Nicholls said:

I just got a C0000005 crash in Cakewalk.exe. I was attempting to trip a project down to minimal size by deleting all clips up to a certain point. Then I enabled Ripple Edit (All) and pressed DELETE to remove the empty space.

Zipped .DMP file available here

This may not be a .04 EA issue but figured I'd post this here.

@Colin Nicholls - do you have a project that you can repro this on? If so, can you PM @Jonathan Sasor the cwp file, along with the time region you were deleting?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, msmcleod said:

@Colin Nicholls - do you have a project that you can repro this on? If so, can you PM @Jonathan Sasor the cwp file, along with the time region you were deleting?

Thanks.

I will attempt to repro and if I succeed, I'll PM jonathan. If he doesn't hear from me, then I couldn't reproduce it. But I'll give it a shot.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...