Jump to content
Morten Saether

[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.04 Early Access

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, No Rave said:

hi!

 

can't open "browse bandlab projects" and everything related to bandlab inside cakewalk

a white window appears. I tried to reinstall the assistant and it didn’t work,  reinstalling daw didn’t help either

bobo.png

Try using English site. With Early Access, alternative languages are only done later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Попробуйте использовать английский сайт. В раннем доступе альтернативные языки доступны только позже.

 

thanks for the advice but it didn't help.

in my studio everything works fine with the current language, it doesn't work on my home computer

Edited by No Rave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks A LOT for all Bakers & BandLab team.
 

I really appreciate all the idea, effort, time and everything you've spent on Cakewalk.

The things about Automation Envelope alone worth the bit of this fantastic update. Converting MIDI CC to automation envelopes back and forth works pretty well so far. Let alone the deeper integration with BandLab phone application which is quite promising & interesting.

Thank you all !!! One of the best Cakey update ever!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Zoom working correctly in Track View? It seems the highlighted track does not always stay in view when one zooms in using the magnifier at bottom right.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, No Rave said:

hi!

 

can't open "browse bandlab projects" and everything related to bandlab inside cakewalk

a white window appears. I tried to reinstall the assistant and it didn’t work,  reinstalling daw didn’t help either

 

Can you provide some more details about the PC setup? Which version of windows are you running etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Andres Medina said:

I'm getting instability on the audio performance too, apparently when envelopes are involved.

@Andres Medina can you provide some more information please? What kinds of envelopes are being used and are you sure that its related to this release? Please send a project file for investigation if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got a C0000005 crash in Cakewalk.exe. I was attempting to trip a project down to minimal size by deleting all clips up to a certain point. Then I enabled Ripple Edit (All) and pressed DELETE to remove the empty space.

Zipped .DMP file available here

This may not be a .04 EA issue but figured I'd post this here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if that has been stated.

Problem: If you have made a workspace of your own, when switching to it after you have have used the tempo workspace will leave the tempo track opened as big as it is in the tempo workspace.

Solution: Saving your workspace, with the tempo track closed or at least to the size you want in 2021.04 EA fixes this. After saving, your workspace will open correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Problem: If you have made a workspace of your own, when switching to it after you have have used the tempo workspace will leave the tempo track opened as big as it is in the tempo workspace.

Solution: Saving your workspace, with the tempo track closed or at least to the size you want in 2021.04 EA fixes this. After saving, your workspace will open correctly. 

Thanks for mentioning this! I am not sure if the implication is that we now have to tweak our existing Workspaces and resave them all to take into account the Tempo Track View [or whatever its called].  I was exploring this with a current test of something else and got a legendary c.......5 exception error.

Addendum: I tried something with a new project with an empty Instrument track added. I switched to an existing Workspace called "No Views 2" which was designed to explore minimalist Workspaces. Note that the Tempo View is not under Menu > Views.  Tempo Track Show/Hide is however available under Track > View.

I can live with this, but I suspect it might cause lots of confusion.  Not a showstopper for me; just adding this in case it helps.

image.thumb.png.f49ba23b9a0fd0aa54c2d6d050c1e6fe.pngimage.png.9ba2ad5d02ab895bfddc1312c66e420f.png   

Edited by User 905133
Addendum added
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Andres Medina can you provide some more information please? What kinds of envelopes are being used and are you sure that its related to this release? Please send a project file for investigation if possible.

Thanks Noel -

Honestly, I'm not sure that the problem is fully related to this EA version... 

Since I upgraded to the EA, I've had like 3 crashes when the audio transforms into noise, like a audio loop at a very very high speed. Usually it happens when editing audio clips in a take lane (selecting clips, editing lenghts and that sort of things)

So, I'll keep working and see if a pattern emerges and will share the corresponding file.

In the meanwhile, I did revert to the latest official release, because I'm in the middle of a project.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Thanks for mentioning this! I am not sure if the implication is that we now have to tweak our existing Workspaces and resave them all to take into account the Tempo Track View [or whatever its called].  I was exploring this with a current test of something else and got a legendary c.......5 exception error.

Addendum: I tried something with a new project with an empty Instrument track added. I switched to an existing Workspace called "No Views 2" which was designed to explore minimalist Workspaces. Note that the Tempo View is not under Menu > Views.  Tempo Track Show/Hide is however available under Track > View.

I can live with this, but I suspect it might cause lots of confusion.  Not a showstopper for me; just adding this in case it helps.

image.thumb.png.f49ba23b9a0fd0aa54c2d6d050c1e6fe.pngimage.png.9ba2ad5d02ab895bfddc1312c66e420f.png   

No you dont have to tweak anything just replace it by saving it - DONE! 

It was suggested on a page number here by @msmcleodand it works. I had a problems with the subfolders the category layout - certain folders with the arrow didn't want to open/flyout/popup Automatically. I just followed his advice to another user in response to workspaces and Templates I believe. 

Opened a blank project replaced the existing one with the 04 build and voila! Problem solved. 

This might/could help for you too. Give feedback on it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2021 at 6:51 PM, Will_Kaydo said:

No you dont have to tweak anything just replace it by saving it - DONE! 

It was suggested on a page number here by @msmcleodand it works. I had a problems with the subfolders the category layout - certain folders with the arrow didn't want to open/flyout/popup Automatically. I just followed his advice to another user in response to workspaces and Templates I believe. 

Opened a blank project replaced the existing one with the 04 build and voila! Problem solved. 

This might/could help for you too. Give feedback on it. 

Thanks for calling the solution to my attention. With 10 pages of posts in such a short time, evidently I missed the solution.**  I tested the method by saving the "NO VIEWS 2" Workspace with a new name.  So now that I know the method, I can backup all of my workspaces and resave each as I need them.  I do wish though that we had the new list structure (folders/categories and fly out lists) for Workspaces. 

**EDIT: I am laughing at my forgetfulness--not only did I see the post, but I even gave it a "Thanks" emoji on Saturday.

Update: AHA Moment: I now understand better that Workspaces are not supposed to save/restore the Tempo Track since  " . . . workspaces have no information saved as to how the tempo track should be displayed (i.e. its size & visibility)." 

Update 2021-04-03: The above statement has now been clarified in another threadPrior to the 2021.04 release workspaces had no information saved as to how the tempo track should be saved.  

Edited by User 905133
(2) To add new, relevant information and a link to a recent clarification (1) To strike out details that are no longer relevant and to update the post with a new found understanding
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2021 at 3:25 AM, michheld said:

Have you tried this using the English language? You should know that localization is done after the early access phase.
Maybe the menu item in the help menu is missing because of missing translations?

All the best 2 U

Yes,

 

Setting the  installation language to English solved all the issues. Thank you Bro!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Thanks for calling the solution to my attention. With 10 pages of posts in such a short time, evidently I missed the solution.**  I tested the method by saving the "NO VIEWS 2" Workspace with a new name.  So now that I know the method, I can backup all of my workspaces and resave each as I need them.  I do wish though that we had the new list structure (folders/categories and fly out lists) for Workspaces. 

**EDIT: I am laughing at my forgetfulness--not only did I see the post, but I even gave it a "Thanks" emoji on Saturday.

What I do is. I save the workspace first, then I do the templates custom names etc. I then go to lenses folder, or I search for it /and/ copy it's file to my external. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have the PC2A which was offered with Sonar X1 PE (2012). I also have the CA-2A (2016) which has added features. Registration codes were in my Products page.

Is this new PC2A any different than the X1 version?

On 4/19/2021 at 8:34 PM, TheSteven said:

When I try to insert PC2A I get this...
and I can't register it -  the webpage that the Register button takes me to doesn't accept my password or let me change it.

I do have the CA-2ALevelingAmplifier_64 module...

 

Edited by sjoens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Can you provide some more details about the PC setup? Which version of windows are you running etc?

export from aida64

Report.txt

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Heads up for users systematically loading and saving custom Workspaces to update them:

While loading and saving each custom Workspace one at a time, I came to one that restored an arranger track which I have yet to use in any custom workspaces.  To double check the Workspaces I had already re-saved, I started loading them beginning at the top of the list .  

Without any warning, Cakewalk suddenly closed (no error messages).  It is entirely possible that this was caused because I tried to reload a Workspace before the previous one had been fully restored.

Also, it is a tedious process because the "Save Workspace" item is near the bottom of the list.

Edited by User 905133
Details are no longer relevant since re-saving custom Workspaces doesn't help me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sjoens said:

I have the PC2A which was offered with Sonar X1 PE (2012). I also have the CA-2A (2016) which has added features. Registration codes were in my Products page.

Is this new PC2A any different than the X1 version?

 

As mentioned by @michheld  in an earlier post they seem the same except CA2A having a VST-interface and a sidechain option. 
On the CA-2A there's a button to bring up options, on the PC2A you have to right click on the module.

image.png.76de1e3d540c4239489635de80085db8.png

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...