[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.04 Early Access

4 hours ago, No Rave said:

hi!

can't open "browse bandlab projects" and everything related to bandlab inside cakewalk

a white window appears. I tried to reinstall the assistant and it didn’t work,  reinstalling daw didn’t help either

Can you provide some more details about the PC setup? Which version of windows are you running etc?

I don't know if that has been stated.

Problem: If you have made a workspace of your own, when switching to it after you have have used the tempo workspace will leave the tempo track opened as big as it is in the tempo workspace.

Solution: Saving your workspace, with the tempo track closed or at least to the size you want in 2021.04 EA fixes this. After saving, your workspace will open correctly. 

2 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Problem: If you have made a workspace of your own, when switching to it after you have have used the tempo workspace will leave the tempo track opened as big as it is in the tempo workspace.

Solution: Saving your workspace, with the tempo track closed or at least to the size you want in 2021.04 EA fixes this. After saving, your workspace will open correctly. 

Thanks for mentioning this! I am not sure if the implication is that we now have to tweak our existing Workspaces and resave them all to take into account the Tempo Track View [or whatever its called].  I was exploring this with a current test of something else and got a legendary c.......5 exception error.

Addendum: I tried something with a new project with an empty Instrument track added. I switched to an existing Workspace called "No Views 2" which was designed to explore minimalist Workspaces. Note that the Tempo View is not under Menu > Views.  Tempo Track Show/Hide is however available under Track > View.

I can live with this, but I suspect it might cause lots of confusion.  Not a showstopper for me; just adding this in case it helps.

image.thumb.png.f49ba23b9a0fd0aa54c2d6d050c1e6fe.pngimage.png.9ba2ad5d02ab895bfddc1312c66e420f.png   

Edited by User 905133
Addendum added
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@Andres Medina can you provide some more information please? What kinds of envelopes are being used and are you sure that its related to this release? Please send a project file for investigation if possible.

Thanks Noel -

Honestly, I'm not sure that the problem is fully related to this EA version... 

Since I upgraded to the EA, I've had like 3 crashes when the audio transforms into noise, like a audio loop at a very very high speed. Usually it happens when editing audio clips in a take lane (selecting clips, editing lenghts and that sort of things)

So, I'll keep working and see if a pattern emerges and will share the corresponding file.

In the meanwhile, I did revert to the latest official release, because I'm in the middle of a project.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Thanks for mentioning this! I am not sure if the implication is that we now have to tweak our existing Workspaces and resave them all to take into account the Tempo Track View [or whatever its called].  I was exploring this with a current test of something else and got a legendary c.......5 exception error.

Addendum: I tried something with a new project with an empty Instrument track added. I switched to an existing Workspace called "No Views 2" which was designed to explore minimalist Workspaces. Note that the Tempo View is not under Menu > Views.  Tempo Track Show/Hide is however available under Track > View.

I can live with this, but I suspect it might cause lots of confusion.  Not a showstopper for me; just adding this in case it helps.

image.thumb.png.f49ba23b9a0fd0aa54c2d6d050c1e6fe.pngimage.png.9ba2ad5d02ab895bfddc1312c66e420f.png   

No you dont have to tweak anything just replace it by saving it - DONE! 

It was suggested on a page number here by @msmcleodand it works. I had a problems with the subfolders the category layout - certain folders with the arrow didn't want to open/flyout/popup Automatically. I just followed his advice to another user in response to workspaces and Templates I believe. 

Opened a blank project replaced the existing one with the 04 build and voila! Problem solved. 

This might/could help for you too. Give feedback on it. 

On 4/20/2021 at 6:51 PM, Will_Kaydo said:

It was suggested on a page number here by @msmcleodand it works. I had a problems with the subfolders the category layout - certain folders with the arrow didn't want to open/flyout/popup Automatically. I just followed his advice to another user in response to workspaces and Templates I believe. 

Opened a blank project replaced the existing one with the 04 build and voila! Problem solved. 

This might/could help for you too. Give feedback on it. 

Thanks for calling the solution to my attention. With 10 pages of posts in such a short time, evidently I missed the solution.**  I tested the method by saving the "NO VIEWS 2" Workspace with a new name.  So now that I know the method, I can backup all of my workspaces and resave each as I need them.  I do wish though that we had the new list structure (folders/categories and fly out lists) for Workspaces. 

**EDIT: I am laughing at my forgetfulness--not only did I see the post, but I even gave it a "Thanks" emoji on Saturday.

Update: AHA Moment: I now understand better that Workspaces are not supposed to save/restore the Tempo Track since  " . . . workspaces have no information saved as to how the tempo track should be displayed (i.e. its size & visibility)." 

Update 2021-04-03: The above statement has now been clarified in another threadPrior to the 2021.04 release workspaces had no information saved as to how the tempo track should be saved.  

Edited by User 905133
(2) To add new, relevant information and a link to a recent clarification (1) To strike out details that are no longer relevant and to update the post with a new found understanding
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2021 at 3:25 AM, michheld said:

Have you tried this using the English language? You should know that localization is done after the early access phase.
Maybe the menu item in the help menu is missing because of missing translations?

All the best 2 U

Yes,

Setting the  installation language to English solved all the issues. Thank you Bro!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Thanks for calling the solution to my attention. With 10 pages of posts in such a short time, evidently I missed the solution.**  I tested the method by saving the "NO VIEWS 2" Workspace with a new name.  So now that I know the method, I can backup all of my workspaces and resave each as I need them.  I do wish though that we had the new list structure (folders/categories and fly out lists) for Workspaces. 

**EDIT: I am laughing at my forgetfulness--not only did I see the post, but I even gave it a "Thanks" emoji on Saturday.

What I do is. I save the workspace first, then I do the templates custom names etc. I then go to lenses folder, or I search for it /and/ copy it's file to my external. 

I have the PC2A which was offered with Sonar X1 PE (2012). I also have the CA-2A (2016) which has added features. Registration codes were in my Products page.

Is this new PC2A any different than the X1 version?

On 4/19/2021 at 8:34 PM, TheSteven said:

When I try to insert PC2A I get this...
and I can't register it -  the webpage that the Register button takes me to doesn't accept my password or let me change it.

I do have the CA-2ALevelingAmplifier_64 module...

Edited by sjoens

Heads up for users systematically loading and saving custom Workspaces to update them:

While loading and saving each custom Workspace one at a time, I came to one that restored an arranger track which I have yet to use in any custom workspaces.  To double check the Workspaces I had already re-saved, I started loading them beginning at the top of the list .  

Without any warning, Cakewalk suddenly closed (no error messages).  It is entirely possible that this was caused because I tried to reload a Workspace before the previous one had been fully restored.

Also, it is a tedious process because the "Save Workspace" item is near the bottom of the list.

Edited by User 905133
Details are no longer relevant since re-saving custom Workspaces doesn't help me.

6 hours ago, sjoens said:

I have the PC2A which was offered with Sonar X1 PE (2012). I also have the CA-2A (2016) which has added features. Registration codes were in my Products page.

Is this new PC2A any different than the X1 version?

As mentioned by @michheld  in an earlier post they seem the same except CA2A having a VST-interface and a sidechain option. 
On the CA-2A there's a button to bring up options, on the PC2A you have to right click on the module.

image.png.76de1e3d540c4239489635de80085db8.png

• Like 2

On 4/20/2021 at 3:15 PM, User 905133 said:

I am not sure if the implication is that we now have to tweak our existing Workspaces and resave them all to take into account the Tempo Track View [or whatever its called]. 

On 4/20/2021 at 6:51 PM, Will_Kaydo said:

NOTE: After changing 2/3 of my pre-2021.04 EA custom Workspaces, testing them, and finding inconsistent results, I am not sure the simple open and save to replace method is a good one. I am rolling back to 2021.01 to test. In short, the simple method might work for some pre-2021.04 EA workspaces. 

On 4/17/2021 at 1:20 PM, msmcleod said:

. . . workspaces have no information saved as to how the tempo track should be displayed (i.e. its size & visibility).

Edited by User 905133
comments are no longer relevant since re-saving custom Workspaces doesn't help me.

16 hours ago, TheSteven said:

As mentioned by @michheld  in an earlier post they seem the same except CA2A having a VST-interface and a sidechain option. 
On the CA-2A there's a button to bring up options, on the PC2A you have to right click on the module.

Right about the CA2A. Was curious about the new PC2A vs. the X1 PC2A version. I sus-pect it's a reissue.

Edited

Edited by sjoens

I have been trying to bounce an arp to clips in this early release and it will not work... I am not sure if it worked for an earlier build but it can be duplicated in the 2021.04 early release. I have tried 3 different vsts and the same issue is happening I put on the arp of the appended track bounce to clip and nothing happenes and it turns off the arp. I have tried Kontact, Sampletank 4 and SinePlayer all do the same thing with the bounce to clips when I use the arp function in the midi channel of the track. When I create a new track same instrument it will do the arp and bounce correctly but appended tracks will not bounce to clips to add the arp to the midi. I did a video demonstrating the issue. I hope this can be resolved. Thanks Bakers 

Edited by Xel Ohh
  • Great Idea 1

11 hours ago, Xel Ohh said:

I have been trying to bounce an arp to clips in this early release and it will not work... I am not sure if it worked for an earlier build but it can be duplicated in the 2021.04 early release. I have tried 3 different vsts and the same issue is happening I put on the arp of the appended track bounce to clip and nothing happenes and it turns off the arp. I have tried Kontact, Sampletank 4 and SinePlayer all do the same thing with the bounce to clips when I use the arp function in the midi channel of the track. When I create a new track same instrument it will do the arp and bounce correctly but appended tracks will not bounce to clips to add the arp to the midi. I did a video demonstrating the issue. I hope this can be resolved. Thanks Bakers 

Hi @Xel Ohh - it looks like it's getting confused with what MIDI channels it should be filtering out when doing the bounce. We'll look into this further, but in the meantime, setting the Arp's MIDI channel to either "All Channels", or the MIDI channel of the note event themselves will fix the issue:

image.png.990956e3cef3fec6e656b56cc3aeda3f.png

[EDIT] - @Xel Ohh , we've identified and fixed the issue here - the next update will have the fix.

• Like 2