[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.04 Early Access

8 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I did some tests this morning to see if I could quantify this a little more. I have tried it a few times betwen 2020.01 and 2020.04 EA using the rollback installer. I can now say for sure that I get a lot  more dropouts with the EA. To try and show this I have increased DropoutMsec from 250 to 2500 msec so that playback wouldn't stop in EA. I then played 1m20s of my project in both 2021.01 and 2021.04 EA. Here are the results. The max engine load is not that much more in EA, but with this project it generates almost 45% more late buffers. At the default DropoutMsec of 250 msec, the project normally plays true, or at least for the most part, with crackle in 2020.01 and stops after a few seconds on EA.

In case this might be seen differently: I give this as information if it could be helpful in anyway to the devs. It is not something I am complaining about. I am totally aware that this project is too complex, using plugings that are probably too cpu intensive pushing my PC to its limit.

2021.04 EA

Are you using the new tempo view or do you have lots of plugin automation envelopes in the project? It's hard to say more without looking at your project file so if you can share it somewhere it might show something. 

As far as the engine goes there shouldn't be any extra load in this release. However automation rendering is at a higher resolution so it's not impossible that there could be a marginal increase if you have lots of plugin automation. There is a configuration seeing to control the resolution as well if you want to play with it. See the release notes.

23 hours ago, TheGomes said:

Hello Guys. Nice Update.

But... I can´t find this option: Help > Sign Out from BandLab

And Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal\PC2ALevelingAmplifier there is only one folder called Resource with no DLL inside. I can´t find PC2A.

Thank you.

image.png.1d1c82c307d2e10d5f6085ce0efd1386.png

Any help?

I can´t sign out Bandlab account and PC2A doesn´t install.

I tried disable Windows Defender and install as Administrator. 

Don´t Work.

Any Help?

2 hours ago, TheGomes said:

Any help?

I can´t sign out Bandlab account and PC2A doesn´t install.

I tried disable Windows Defender and install as Administrator. 

Don´t Work.

Any Help?

Have you tried this using the English language? You should know that localization is done after the early access phase.
Maybe the menu item in the help menu is missing because of missing translations?

All the best 2 U

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Are you using the new tempo view or do you have lots of plugin automation envelopes in the project? It's hard to say more without looking at your project file so if you can share it somewhere it might show something. 

As far as the engine goes there shouldn't be any extra load in this release. However automation rendering is at a higher resolution so it's not impossible that there could be a marginal increase if you have lots of plugin automation. There is a configuration seeing to control the resolution as well if you want to play with it. See the release notes.

I do not have the tempo view opened when I do my tests, but I have a tempo map derived from a live track so there are a lot of tempo changes. I have very little automation changes in this project, only a single track with one bypass to a plugin, IIRC. Things I have tried this morning, in this order, in light of your comments:

• Clear the tempo map.
  • Set AutomationDecimatioMsec to 30, the maximum.
  • Disabled automation read on all tracks and busses.

Unfortunatly, no real changes after each of those.

I can certainly make the project available to you on my Google drive. Is the .cwp all you need? I can PM you a link to it.

56 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

@Cédric Lawde This will be fixed in the next installer build, but you're seeing the 0 KB PC2A file because there was an issue with where the installer was packaging localized versions of the PC2A .dll files. If you run the installer again in English you should see a proper PC2A file.

Thank you very much ... I had made up my mind and considered having to reinstall my computer. This is good news !

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I do not have the tempo view opened when I do my tests, but I have a tempo map derived from a live track so there are a lot of tempo changes. I have very little automation changes in this project, only a single track with one bypass to a plugin, IIRC. Things I have tried this morning, in this order, in light of your comments:

• Clear the tempo map.
  • Set AutomationDecimatioMsec to 30, the maximum.
  • Disabled automation read on all tracks and busses.

Unfortunatly, no real changes after each of those.

I can certainly make the project available to you on my Google drive. Is the .cwp all you need? I can PM you a link to it.

@Jacques Boileau Thanks for checking. Yes if you could send me a link to the cwp file as a start I can take a look. 
There are no other changes of relevance in this release so its puzzling why you would see a difference.

When I try to insert PC2A I get this...
and I can't register it -  the webpage that the Register button takes me to doesn't accept my password or let me change it.

image.png.eb086522fae30cb6a14196bc1ff36744.png

I do have the CA-2ALevelingAmplifier_64 module...

Edit:
Rebooted and while I still get the same error with the PC2A  - now the CA-2A is again showing up as a ProChannel module and it works.

Edited by TheSteven

hi!

can't open "browse bandlab projects" and everything related to bandlab inside cakewalk

a white window appears. I tried to reinstall the assistant and it didn’t work,  reinstalling daw didn’t help either

bobo.png

Edited by No Rave

19 minutes ago, No Rave said:

hi!

can't open "browse bandlab projects" and everything related to bandlab inside cakewalk

a white window appears. I tried to reinstall the assistant and it didn’t work,  reinstalling daw didn’t help either

bobo.png

Try using English site. With Early Access, alternative languages are only done later.

22 minutes ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Попробуйте использовать английский сайт. В раннем доступе альтернативные языки доступны только позже.

thanks for the advice but it didn't help.

in my studio everything works fine with the current language, it doesn't work on my home computer

Edited by No Rave

Thanks A LOT for all Bakers & BandLab team.

I really appreciate all the idea, effort, time and everything you've spent on Cakewalk.

The things about Automation Envelope alone worth the bit of this fantastic update. Converting MIDI CC to automation envelopes back and forth works pretty well so far. Let alone the deeper integration with BandLab phone application which is quite promising & interesting.

Thank you all !!! One of the best Cakey update ever!

• Like 1