[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.04 Early Access

1 hour ago, FranciscoJ said:

The exact same thing happens to me and I have scanned the plugin folders again and again but I realized that the .dll file of the PC2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier has a size of 0KB and I think that is the problem in my case why module does not appear in Prochannel

Looks like something blocked the installer.  Restart your PC, disable any Antivirus and try reinstalling.  

5 hours ago, Jesse Jost said:

We're just scratching the surface with BandLab integration features. Please let us know how they work for you and what improvements you'd like to see while the iron is hot! Not that it ever cools down much around here :P 

Just had a play around with the new Bandlab integration. Quickly recorded a few ideas on my phone using the Bandlab app, and they appeared in Cakewalk under 'Browse Bandlab Projects'. When I imported them however, there was no project/clip name on the clips. Also they all appeared as new tracks (Track 1) at the end of all the other project tracks. Should there be clip/project names imported with them? And should we be able to select where in the Cakewalk project they are imported to? Minor things I know, but just asking. So far I can see this as an extremely powerful way to get ideas on the run quickly into the DAW. Fantastic.   

I like that if I just temporarily open a Bandlab project (say with a title: "Title") and close without saving, Cakewalk won't deliberately populate my disk with any temporary audio files, the audio files are cleaned, but I've noticed it did left empty folder with that Bandlab project name "Title" in my 'Cakewalk Projects'.  Also the audio files were downloaded to the global 'Audio Data' and not that newly created "Title" folder.

😂😂😂😂😂 You know what I just noticed . . . 

THE FLATBED EFFECTS LIST

Thanks @Noel Borthwick @msmcleod @Jesse Jost and everyone that worked on this. 💃

Great layouts! Awesome menus UI! 

WHAT?! Works with MOUSEWHEEL too? Graphics improvement too? Plugins load faster too! 

BEST UPDATE EVER!!!!!!!! 💃 

Guys I'm literally excited. All these caps: That's me literally screaming stumblingon new features

Appreciate everything. I really mean this. Thanks guys. 

UPDATE: Certain catergory folders i have to manually click on them to expand the window (flatlist). I've already done a reboot of my system with the same issue. Does anyone else experiencing this through the fx bin perhaps? 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
Update
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, amazing job by the Bakers!!

One bug (at least on my setup): Cannot resize the punch recording location on the timeline (using red flag on the line). I have to select a new area (green) and toggle the auto punch button for it to resize. I use the feature quite a bit, so it can be quite annoying. Looping and selection are working ok. 

image.png.81c496ceeaa54d7317e4dffbcd659b81.png

Is anyone having the same problem?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, chris.r said:

I like that if I just temporarily open a Bandlab project (say with a title: "Title") and close without saving, Cakewalk won't deliberately populate my disk with any temporary audio files, the audio files are cleaned, but I've noticed it did left empty folder with that Bandlab project name "Title" in my 'Cakewalk Projects'.  Also the audio files were downloaded to the global 'Audio Data' and not that newly created "Title" folder.

This is the same behavior if you create a new project and import or record audio then close before saving.

2 hours ago, Stormbringer75 said:

Hi everyone, amazing job by the Bakers!!

One bug (at least on my setup): Cannot resize the punch recording location on the timeline (using red flag on the line). I have to select a new area (green) and toggle the auto punch button for it to resize. I use the feature quite a bit, so it can be quite annoying. Looping and selection are working ok. 

image.png.81c496ceeaa54d7317e4dffbcd659b81.png

Is anyone having the same problem?

Thanks @Stormbringer75- this has been fixed for the general release.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Millzy said:

Just had a play around with the new Bandlab integration. Quickly recorded a few ideas on my phone using the Bandlab app, and they appeared in Cakewalk under 'Browse Bandlab Projects'. When I imported them however, there was no project/clip name on the clips. Also they all appeared as new tracks (Track 1) at the end of all the other project tracks. Should there be clip/project names imported with them? And should we be able to select where in the Cakewalk project they are imported to? Minor things I know, but just asking. So far I can see this as an extremely powerful way to get ideas on the run quickly into the DAW. Fantastic.   

Today if you import into an existing project its always appended. We could insert at the current track position but it might get confusing if the user didn’t intend it. I’ll take a look about the clip names and see if there is an issue.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

😂😂😂😂😂 You know what I just noticed . . . 

THE FLATBED EFFECTS LIST

UPDATE: Certain catergory folders i have to manually click on them to expand the window (flatlist). I've already done a reboot of my system with the same issue. Does anyone else experiencing this through the fx bin perhaps? 

I’m not sure what you mean by “manually click on them”. If a plugin folder contains a large number of plugins it pops in a new menu window rather than a sub-menu. That’s previously existing behavior. At some point we may try and remove that behavior but its a relatively minor issue and only affects large lists of plugins.
Glad you like the feature.

11 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

I’m not sure what you mean by “manually click on them”. 

What I mean is:

When you hover over the category folders -  it opens the now flatlist window automatically as what it did before. 

On certain effect folders it does not do this . . . could be my side, not sure. 

I'm not home at moment to make a video to attach. Will do it when I get back. 

Yeah. I'm loving them. ☺

Edited by Will_Kaydo

30 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:
7 hours ago, chris.r said:

This is the same behavior if you create a new project and import or record audio then close before saving.

When I saved project the audio files persisted in global audio folder. Not sure this is still expected, there wasn't any 'save as' pop up.

14 hours ago, chris.r said:

in Browse BandLab Projects, when I click View Project Online it opens the Cakewalk Core folder in windows explorer window, am I doing something wrong?

edit: happened with no bandlab project loaded, once I opened a bandlab project it worked ok

Thanks for the report @chris.r !

I'm not sure if it's a bug or something weird with my system - I cannot save the basic template anymore. I'd like to make some changes to this template that I have loading on startup, pick Basic.cwt to overwrite, press Save, the save window closes as if everything is good, however the file doesn't get overwritten, it's still the old one with the old modification date. If I delete it before saving it gets saved correctly, it just won't overwrite.