[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.04 Early Access

6 minutes ago, Morten Saether said:

@Esteban Villanova You can make a time selection by dragging in the Tempo track, press CTRL+C to copy to the clipboard, then click in the Tempo track where you want to paste, and finally press CTRL+V.

If I do a marquee select of certain tempo events, the “Tempo Events”is greyed out in the “Copy Special”dialogue box

1 hour ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Question: How do I hide the tempo track once I've made it visible?

On my system, pressing CTRL+SHIFT+5 opens the tempo track.  A subsequent press of CTRL+SHIFT+5 does not hide the tempo track.

There is a keybinding for “Show/Hide Tempo Track” , this definitely acts as a toggle.

49 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

@Keni if you run the rebuild_2 version of the installer, you shouldn't get any errors trying to insert pc2a. That said you're not getting anything you don't already have with CA2A, but not everyone else has that. 👍

Thanks Jonathan...

Problem seems to be the main link continues to show the original build not rebuild 2.

I'll bootup my DAW again. Maybe a refresh will show the updated link. I know I already have the CA2a so it’s not that I need it but verifying the update works correctly.

Edit:

Update worked. This time I received the rebuild 2 version for download and now the PC2a works just as the CA2a does in the ProChannel...

Thanks. I know this will bring joy to many CbB users!

Edited by Keni

4 hours ago, chris.r said:

Glad to see PC2A, wish we could see the Concrete limiter in the future, that's the one I'm missing from the old days (sorry, had to say it) :D 

Same!   The Concrete Limiter (and I'm also missing the PC4K S-Type Comp and expander/gate) would be nice to see as well.  Already had the PC2A but think that is a real bounus for new comers.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

What we do if already having CA2A+PC2A? Is the PC plugin overwritten or should we disable the old one first in the plugin manager?

Ok I checked and there is no trace of any PC2A plugin in my 'Shared Utilities\Internal' folder so I guess that the prochannel version of my CA2A resides somewhere else under different name, sorry for confusion. I assume then it is safe to install the new EA and that the new PC2A and my old CA2A will both appear independently in the PC?

RE: UI theme compatibility checker

(1) I like this feature!!! (Simple, but very handy.)

(2) It worked for me (fairly straight forward repair for my custom themes, most of which are minimally tweaked--five to fifty or so changes from one of CbB's base themes).

(3) Wording above seems awkward:

If you click Yes, some UI elements might be corrupted until the update and resave the theme in Theme Editor.

I think you mean (plus a suggestion to add a link to the list in the feature description):

If you click Yes, some UI elements might be corrupted until the theme has been [or is] updated and resaved in the [or using the] Theme Editor. (See list of recent theme changes.)

Edited by User 905133
to clarify some wording

5 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Ok I checked and there is no trace of any PC2A plugin in my 'Shared Utilities\Internal' folder so I guess that the prochannel version of my CA2A resides somewhere else under different name, sorry for confusion. I assume then it is safe to install the new EA and that the new PC2A and my old CA2A will both appear independently in the PC?

The CA-2A VST dll pulls double duty as the PC module and a regular VST2 plug-in. Some of the 3rd party PC modules are delivered the same way.

I have the CA-2A installed and had no problem with the PC-2A install. Both show up in the PC plug-in menu.

4 hours ago, scook said:

Here's a quick video showing tempo copy/paste using the dialogs

I was selecting using the smart tool, right click marquee method.  If you select the nodes that way, the Copy/Cut Special dialogue boxes do not deem the automation nodes as selected.

47 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

@Promidi / @Esteban Villanova - when using any envelope, there's a difference between Lasso select (which selects only the envelope nodes for deletion) and a time range selection which selects the whole envelope for that range.  You need a time range selection to copy/cut/paste envelopes:

I think the confusion is that when you lasso select ordinary automation nodes, they do actually become available for cut, copy and paste operations.  However, when you lasso select tempo nodes, they only become available for delete operations.

In this respect, tempo tracks differ slightly from standard automation lanes.

Maybe you could make tempo nodes that have been lasso selected also available for cut, copy and paste operations.  The time range can be derived from the time of the first selected tempo node to the time of the last selected tempo node.

FYI - the main differences between the PC2A and the CA2A:

- CA2A is a regular VST, so you can use it as a normal effect and also in other DAWs, whereas PC2A is Pro Channel only.
- CA2A supports side-chaining, PC2A doesn't.

In all other respects, they're exactly the same.

• Thanks 1