Rewind to landmarks (W)

HJS

Question

I have a problem.  When I press "W" it rewinds back to the beginning of the song all the time.

It should go back to a landmark, I cant find any landmarks. 

I want it the wind back to where i started it to play.

I know I can do that automatically by pressing ctrl W.

So what I want is it to pause where I press the Spacebar. And rewind by pressing W to where I started, lets say the now time from before.

It worked before but I cant seem to get it fixed.

9 answers to this question

Thanks for your reply.

I know this shortcut as I wrote before. But what I had before, was when pressed space bar while playing it stops (paused)at that point.

So far its normal, bud when I pressed W it goes back to the beginning of the song.  And I want it to go back to the where I started it to play. 

Edited by HJS

Ctrl W toggles the spacebar behavior. If I hit the space bar the song starts, hit it again it stops the song in place.   If I toggle Crtl W it  now rewinds to the beginning. I just tried this and it works ( of course) 

W will always return to the beginning.  Ctrl Home will also go to beginning. 

Well I tried all of this,

When playing in mode "return to now marker" the W behaves the same as the Space Bar.

It returns to last starting point, so these is no difference between W and Space bar when playing.

What I had before and what I like, was that the space bar behaves more like a Play/Pause button. 

it must be possible, because while playing you can click on the pause symbol with your mouse.

And if you press W after that it returns to last start point. Please try this. I had this in Sonar 2 and 3 also

I have a Keyboard Shortcut (in Global Bindings) set to Play/Pause. (In my case the shortcut is Y).  I use it when I want to do a "true" pause, in that it doesn't change the Now Marker.  It's the same as clicking the Pause (or Play) button in the Transport Module, but it's a bit easier than mousing to the little Pause button.

I don't understand? The space bar will do this?  I use the W to rewind to start. I use the space bar for playback control and the behavior is to always pause or start. If I open a new project I might have to change this but it takes 1 second to hit Ctrl W,   -- I do it without even thinking.   I even have a USB footswitch that is programed to use Spacebar/ R and the W keystrokes and rarely have to reach for the keyboard while tracking. 

I use other programs, Wave editors, Movie editing,  movie and audio players  and they all behave the same. It's just automatic for me to use the space bar.  

242691797_Screenshot(85).png.fae96127b9ddb7729ab9bfdd6d19e8df.png

Edited by John Vere

On 4/15/2021 at 12:59 PM, HJS said:

What I had before and what I like, was that the space bar behaves more like a Play/Pause button. 

Hopefully, I'm understanding your question ... these two shortcuts will Play/Pause like the button in the transport controls.

Ctrl+Space Bar     -- stops playback.  The now marker is located where stop occurred.  

Press Space Bar   -- playback resumes where it was  stopped.

P.S.  If the above doesn't work, try setting the option per Kevin Perry's previous post: setting "On Stop, Rewind to Now Marker"

Edited by Tom B
Corrected name of Play/Pause button. Added option info.