Question about FX plugins for each (Midi) track!

Hi,

Example I make a drum kit using Battery and let's say I have only Kick, Snare and HHs on each different midi track and using one Battery. Is there a way that I use an EQ or other FX plugins for each midi track? 

Usually I bounce each midi track to audio and then I use FX plugins in audio tracks. Or sometimes I use Battery for kick, another battery for snare and another for HH and then I apply FX plugins in audio track where battery is.

But I always wonder if there's another way as I said above without the need of bounce to audio and Using only one Battery!

Thanks

Hi Nigel,

I have Battery 4 and yes sometimes I use built in audio FX.  Yesterday I saw a video on Youtube someone using Cubase (Not Cakewalk) splitting kick and snare in 2 different stems and using one VST Groove Agent. And then applying FX for each track.

Here is the video at 3:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2d3y58rSYU&ab_channel=MakePopMusic

Edited by Emanuel Vella

Whenever I need to do this sort of thing, I use per-output instrument tracks.

Battery can have up to 16 audio outputs (one per MIDI channel).

Using per-output tracks, you can have 16 instrument tracks all fed to a single instance of Battery:

Battery_PerOutput.gif

There's only two real downsides with Per Output tracks:

1.  All your individual effects or MIDI automation are obviously done on each individual track, but automation of the actual Battery synth parameters has to be done on the first track.
2.  If you decide you want to swap the synth for only one of the tracks, it's a bit more complex as they're all sharing the same synth. There's various ways to do this, but by far the easiest way is to clone the individual track, do a swap synth on the duplicate track, then delete the original. 

A third downside (which doesn't apply to Battery), is that some synths that don't natively support multiple cores can hog one core for all the tracks, but like I said, this isn't the case for Battery (or Kontakt for that matter either).

Hi msmcleod,

I did as you said and I like it very much even it is not exactly what I am looking for or maybe I did something wrong.  The problem is that FX Replika on track 1 is only working and it is effecting all tracks. Example BC Flanger on track 2 it is not working. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.0c52a486cd6a36177f1cf754e70ef20e.PNG

Put an @ in front of the username and they will be flagged that you have mentioned them.

Type @ and start typing m s m c l and a window will pop open with that person in the list, and you can select them.

Eg, I type (without spaces) @ E m a n   and I get a list of three names. I click on yours and get   @Emanuel Vella

If you look at the bell icon at the top right of the page you will see a little 1 on it. Click on the bell and you get taken to this post. Useful.

22 hours ago, Emanuel Vella said:

Hi msmcleod,

I did as you said and I like it very much even it is not exactly what I am looking for or maybe I did something wrong.  The problem is that FX Replika on track 1 is only working and it is effecting all tracks. Example BC Flanger on track 2 it is not working. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.0c52a486cd6a36177f1cf754e70ef20e.PNG

Ok, my bad... there is an extra step you need to do in Battery itself.

You need to tell Battery which outputs each pad goes to. So right click on each pad and set the output accordingly, e.g:

image.png.fc6d9aabdaf20b7113e275b0b3aeb428.png