Constant crashing

Pakewalker

I'm unable to use omnisphere in cakewalk. Everytime an instrument is loaded, that's what happens. Why exit the program if there is an unhandled exception? Why have unhandled exceptions at all? Without any sort of informative message... What can be done?

image.thumb.png.810e4680fc7eea0afbf5886a566c70fd.pngI'm unable

The issue cannot be attributed to the plugin if CAKEWALK ITSELF crashes. Imagine if windows turned off everytime a browser or any application crashed? This is the same thing. Cakewalk receives an "unhandled exception" from an instrument and then it trows its hands in the air and gives up.

Cakewalk has been unusable for me. I always try to use it as a means to relax and play music, compose, etc, and I only see bugs after bugs and crashes after crashes. This is one example where I can reproduce the crash every time I load the instrument, so that I can send a print and a dump report, but there are numerous other which are seemingly random, and I can't go 1 hour without having a crash or some other issue.

I just finished, after a lot of trials, playing a composition I just made in the piano. After many trials, I managed to play it without flaws. Then I hit "save". Guess what happened? Another crash. After loading the recovery copy, the crash happens again and again. In cakewalk, I take 5 hours to do what I could have done in 20 minutes. It's definitely time to buy Reaper.

image.thumb.png.9f856f024aafc00d47bfcf4d6953e87b.png

What are your computer specs? Because Keyscape and Omnisphere are serious resource  hogs.  In the first picture the crash is in Omnisphere but Keyscape is running also. In the second picture the crash is in Keyscape. 

It is possible that you will get better performance with those VSTi's  in Reaper. But if your computer specs do not exceed the minimum requirements even Reaper is likely to crash. 

In any event you need to send the crash dumps to Spectrasonics' and Cakewalks'  support.

I'm just telling my experience. It is this way since I started with cakewalk 3 years ago. All of this happened across multiple computers, etc, throughout the years. There are lots and lots of crashes, period. I'll send them the dump, although that's not very comforting.

I have a notebook, although the specs are not bellow average: intel i7, 32gb ram, etc. In the first picture, a keyscape keyboard was loaded as a omnisphere instrument. So, if you can't even load one single omnisphere instrument... Things would not seem great for composers who want to have, say, 16 instrument in a orchestra or something like this.