I Cant Find The Words

garybrun

I remember this, just a killer song and performance.

For my ears there is too much brightness in the lead vocal. It's still a pleasure to listen to.

You can hear the noise floor is being compressed or something, got some hiss in the blank spots, check :08 - :013 area in the intro.

I don't remember, was your original mix a problem? 

Absolutely great song and performance!!!

cheers,

-Tom

• Great Idea 1

Gary , referring to your comment about an EQ offset to compensate your hearing test .  I think it is a Great idea. If you have the best room and monitoring and you can't hear what's being produced , an offset is in order. I was required to take a yearly hearing test for my job and used it for a basic EQ offset when I Finally started learning a Little bit about EQ.  High mid and highs are Naturally lost as you age. If you're targeting people in your own age group , they have the same hearing losses.   Two years ago I ruptured an eardrum and it was a nightmare for about a year. That's when I started leaning on Ozone for EQ suggestions. Although I don't use the 1k boost they Always recommend (I hate 1k) It gives me an idea of basic problems in my system  and hearing. (if I want to sound like everyone else).   I don't think you're Anywhere near having my problem , but as critical as you are about you're audio ..   It sure couldn't hurt.   mark

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...