Approximately 102 times faster than the Speed of Light

Wookiee

Warp 4 around 102 times as fast as the speed of light what is happening at the edges of that warp bubble?

Instruments used
Arturia V8 Collection
Synthi v1 V
Matrix-12 v2 V
CS-80 v3 V
CZ v1 V
OBxa v1 V

Cherry Audio
Polymood
CA2600

Mixed in CbB using Stock FX except for Boz Digitals +10dB on the OBxa & Overloud's Breverb 2 as a Global glue Reverb.

• Like 1

Sorry, missed a few warps last week, they seem to fly by so quickly . . . I'll catch up next week. This one is a bit warped with all the detuning stuff, but always pulls out into something different, and unpredictable. I like the final triumphant bit, lots of stars flying by there.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely cool stuff my furry friend.  Could one get past the speed of light in a black hole or perhaps around the edge?  As I have this rather contentious relationship with synths (they intimidate me), I am always amazed by your ability to create sounds and put them together in a musical package that creates mind images (at least for me).  Well done -- I enjoyed this brief period of space travel.

• Thanks 1

I like this one because of the detuning effect that I've longed to use in a song, but was reluctant for some reason.  You keep making reasons for me to get into Arturia, myself.  Somewhere along the way, I've acquired an Arturia plate reverb which I use on drums quite frequently.  Anyway, this tune is short but way cool!

• Thanks 1

This one really sucks you in.

Maybe at the upper edge of the eq spectrum, things are getting a bit pokey/crisp? I can't really judge much above 13khz but I think there is some icepick potential you could check? If only visually on a parametric eq?

I heard the space toad . . . :)

Otherwise super crisp, clean, and separated, mix-wise. Well done!

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2021 at 4:06 PM, jack c. said:

nice space type of textures.jack c.

Thank you sir, your time and ears are appreciated.

On 4/13/2021 at 6:56 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

You keep making reasons for me to get into Arturia

Hey do not blame me they just make good synths, I would also check out Cherry Audio's synths the main pad for all these is their Polymood (Polymoog) which for $29 is silly money.

Thanks for your ears Lynn as ever I really appreciate your input and support.

20 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Maybe at the upper edge of the eq spectrum, things are getting a bit pokey/crisp

Or the filters are both self oscillating under automated sweeps.

Thanks for listening and commenting.

Here on the Adam's I am not getting edge but the folded ribbon tweeters are very smooth.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:57 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Like the detuned synths

Me too, thank you Nigel your ears are always appreciated.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:17 PM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Enjoyed it.

I cannot ask for more so glad to hear you enjoyed this thank you.

On 4/15/2021 at 12:46 AM, Fred's Gratis Scores said:

Enjoyed the trip through time and space!

Thank you sir you are most kind.

17 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

And sounds like you had a lot of fun too

Sometimes the time just disappears and nothing get done but I make a lot of very weird noises on the way.

Thank you for your time and ears.

Warp 5 may be baked.

I had to listen because the physics I took in university a couple of light years ago taught me that nothing goes faster than light, even if you're on a train travelling at light speed and throw something 102 times faster. But I digress. Thanks for showing me that my whole university education was full of shit.

I do love electronica! And this was sooo early-Floyd-into-2021!

Timbo

• Thanks 1