Vectorscope phase issues using Ample strat vst

treesha

I am looking at the vectorscope in Ozone and see the mix has more times than I have seen before of going to the -1 / out of phase reading. I look at some of the tracks alone and find the lead guitar track is going all the way to -1 often. I recorded track this using Ample strat guitar virtual instrument with a preset that is "clean" and within ample put some reverb on using one of their reverb presets. Then in the track and pro channel I have other things, so I turned off the pro channel and track fx bin and the guitar track is still often going down to -1 especially on the lowest notes in the lead. So this is with all fx off, just what is recorded as the output of ample. If I make the track mono in cake, it is not out of phase of course, and if I turn it to mono in Ozone it is ok too but sounds extremely flat.  I haven't seen this before so am asking is this ok to leave this way? Or do I try re-recording the ample with no reverb and then add reverb to the track later or would it still be going -1 because of some reason in the left and right output from ample? When I put the track in mono, it is very flat and center, should I have the track mono and then add some fx ? When it goes all the way to -1 it is still very audible, nothing I can tell gets lost as if it is cancelling itself out. Suggestions and comments appreciated ! Thanks, treesha

A lot better than with the fx off ha. I don't notice any problem with the sound of the lead guitar but maybe I don't know what to listen for? I don't hear any cancellation that I can tell. I have seen cancellation between two panned similar tracks and know some moves to fix that, but this is just on one track so I am puzzled. I always check my mixes in mono and that's when I noticed what the meter was doing when playing the song in stereo. I just experimented with other presets in Ample that have loads of internal ample fx, recorded those and looked at the vectorscope and they don't go to -1 even on low notes.  I believe there is an eq within Ample on the "clean" preset of the track going -1 so even when I thought I had only ample reverb engaged it might have also came with the eq on. Still checking around.