How to drag clip start time "left" and not move audio data....

Hi Folks:

Needing to export some complicated multi-track audio projects to go to another studio for final mix. Never really done this before. It's a giant patchwork of clips that have a multitude of start times. Need to line them up, have them all start at the same time.

Let's say it's a short SFX clip of a 5 second "splash" that occurs once, late in a song. Even with clip time base set to absolute, and the clip locked (position and data) when I change the start time of the clip, it moves the whole clip to the beginning of the song. And if I try and grab the left edge of the clip - and pull the start time left - I can only get it in the ballpark, and when I enter in the actual time I need in the Inspector, it moves the audio....

Which leads to another issue. When I tracked this project, there were 5 bed takes, and we built on take 4 - so all of my clips are hanging out in the 39-minute mark No Man's Land (have erased the other takes.) Tried selecting "all" - and moving everything so the first audio clip would start at Zero - but the clips won't move - maybe that is due to frozen synth tracks? Muted clips?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone is hanging in there - thanks TB

So from what I understand you have a multi track recording and there are multiple songs along the time line- correct? 

The first thing you need to do is cut each song into individual projects. Then you wouldn't have your issue.  

Edited by John Vere