Headphone Mix- finished

Hidden Symmetry

Wow!  I just listened to your other song mixed on this system and was impressed enough to check out this software that you're using.  Unfortunately, they don't yet have my Sennheiser HD 300's on their list, so I'll send a request for them.  This song sounds great on my speakers, so you're successful in making translatable mixes on your cans.  Congrats!

23 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Wow!  I just listened to your other song mixed on this system and was impressed enough to check out this software that you're using.  Unfortunately, they don't yet have my Sennheiser HD 300's on their list, so I'll send a request for them.  This song sounds great on my speakers, so you're successful in making translatable mixes on your cans.  Congrats!

Acustica just added some more headphone profiles but didn't see yours listed. might want to check anyway..Thanks for the feedback..

I don't know about the mixing software you are into, but I listened on Audeze cans and thought maybe the bass guitar could come up a hair, and the keyboard stabs (prominent around :38 for example) might come down a bit?

It's a helluva good song and mix, taking vocals into prog, really great!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Thanks Tom,  I've  tweaked this version a few times already. In the meanwhile put a  de-esser on those stabs cause they're harsh lo-fi loops. All these older tunes are 16b bit, did the guitar tracks using an old POD (which I eventually threw in the trash!)

Same with the bass gtr,not much can help it but it's fun remixing this old project using headphones only.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 2:43 PM, emeraldsoul said:

I don't know about the mixing software you are into, but I listened on Audeze cans and thought maybe the bass guitar could come up a hair, and the keyboard stabs (prominent around :38 for example) might come down a bit?

It's a helluva good song and mix, taking vocals into prog, really great!

cheers,

-Tom

-new version  mixed with different cans

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

I have to be honest I do wonder how much the actual kit your are monitoring on i..e. the actual cans or the actual monitors colour the sound on top of the colour add by this type of emulation software.

But anyway, nice mix works here on the Adam's