Flat minimalistic and dark

confire

• 3 weeks later...

Woo-hoo! And for irony, it appears to be derived from the gaudiest theme in the pantheon. 😆

You may want to revert About Box to the original. It shows an Evangelion Angel getting ready to attack Boston.

I'm glad it follows the Nicholls/Krupa icon choice for Instrument and Synth tracks.

A suggestion: in keeping with the black-and-white look, replace the note durations in PRV with the ones from Tungsten, and black-and-white the #2 cells:

image.png.6997f9135a68b73a5c6789fc1429e2e3.png

I may go back to that green gridding in the PRV. I since changed it to  have red lines for the measures in some of my dark themes, but having them be a brighter version of the theme color still looks pretty nice. It goes well with the Midnight Blue color preset to brighten up the grid lines in Track View.

There's one issue with your Smart Grid button. It looks the same as your Standard Grid button, so I can't tell when Smart Grid is enabled. Something like this maybe?:

image.png.44eb382c91b88f7da8b252f32d4988b8.png

I've already made these changes to my copy of the theme, let me know if you want to incorporate them.

Also: it looks like you're working from an earlier version of EVA 01 and/or Yellow Submarine. I've tuned up many of the images since then. Sometimes I slipstream updates without making a big announcement.

Edited by Starship Krupa

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

Woo-hoo! And for irony, it appears to be derived from the gaudiest theme in the pantheon. 😆

You may want to revert About Box to the original. It shows an Evangelion Angel getting ready to attack Boston.

I'm glad it follows the Nicholls/Krupa icon choice for Instrument and Synth tracks.

A suggestion: in keeping with the black-and-white look, replace the note durations in PRV with the ones from Tungsten, and black-and-white the #2 cells:

image.png.6997f9135a68b73a5c6789fc1429e2e3.png

I may go back to that green gridding in the PRV. I since changed it to  have red lines for the measures in some of my dark themes, but having them be a brighter version of the theme color still looks pretty nice. It goes well with the Midnight Blue color preset to brighten up the grid lines in Track View.

There's one issue with your Smart Grid button. It looks the same as your Standard Grid button, so I can't tell when Smart Grid is enabled. Something like this maybe?:

image.png.44eb382c91b88f7da8b252f32d4988b8.png

I've already made these changes to my copy of the theme, let me know if you want to incorporate them.

Also: it looks like you're working from an earlier version of EVA 01 and/or Yellow Submarine. I've tuned up many of the images since then. Sometimes I slipstream updates without making a big announcement.

Thanks for backstopping me, Erik. I'll clean 'er up a bit (if you happen to send me your icons it would be great).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty nice, @John Nelson. I was thinking of dabbling in a theme based on the appearance of Anubis & Music Mission, but I don't see the point - this is pretty close.

BTW, Is this a glitch, or intentional?

image.png.e3e7f3b6a0651911083a88865060f82a.png

Regarding Transport buttons, I see what you're doing with the RECORD vs the other five, but visually I'd recommend committing to a square button rather than rounding the corners. Similar to the Select or Smart module buttons in shape. I think it would look better. Just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Regarding Transport buttons, I see what you're doing with the RECORD vs the other five, but visually I'd recommend committing to a square button rather than rounding the corners. Similar to the Select or Smart module buttons in shape. I think it would look better. Just my opinion.

It was a tough call. I couldn't fit all of the  record mode indicators on a round button, and it really does look odd to have that one button with sharp corners when everything else in the module is round or oval.

I'll revisit the round buttons and see if there's some way I can do the Record button mode indications on a round button. I dunno, they're kinda cryptic anyway.

What looks glitch-y about John's slider to you? I think he's going for "minimalistic."

On 10/14/2021 at 12:05 PM, Colin Nicholls said:

BTW, Is this a glitch, or intentional?

image.png.e3e7f3b6a0651911083a88865060f82a.png

Curse you.

Okay, Yellow Submarine, EVA01, and FlatMinimalistic&Dark all have updated RECORD buttons in their transport modules. The RECORD button is now round like the other ones (dig my solution to not having enough room to write "Step" for Step Record mode?):

image.png.9a9612c64b75a847b03469e1867a8119.png

I also updated some of the other art in FlatMinimalistic&Dark to make it more closely match the original prototype as posted.

Edited by Starship Krupa
Updated
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 6:58 PM, scook said:

Is there?

8ball_SignsPointToYes.jpg

Sorry, I see nothing there!

What I do see is when clicking the "Legal" button, either the whole About window disappears or CbB turns white for a sec. - but that could just be a video driver/memory conflict because the Preferences window sometimes also disappears when changing a theme.