Young Love

mark skinner

Hi Mark, had a listen just now on headphones, and there is absolutely nothing offensive in your mix . . . what a great song, your talent really shines in this one ! I'll circle back after a few more listens on the bigger speakers, and the ever critical Ford Ranger highway road test. Really like everything you're doing in this one.

• Like 1

"Thanks" for the great comments and for the listen. After soloing my harmony tracks , I absolutely Had to do some melodyne work , especially on the low harmony. It was working ok to thicken my vocal but it was flat off key in several spots and the bridge was just Sloppy. No big changes anywhere else. The  original link now reflects the changes.

Thanks for listening and for any help ..  mark

Mark, had a few more listens on different speakers, studio monitors, car stereo . . . and it stands up as a really great and balanced mix no matter what. After more listens I must add the guitar solo section is really brilliant, you are truly right inside the music with your touch there, awesome !

• Like 1

I agree with David - I like the rhythm of this song - nicely done there.  You have a cool vocal - sounds pro to me, especially with the harmonies. Also, the guitar solo was just right for the song. Nice fade at the end - I always like a fade when it works effectively, as it did here.

Quality mix - it sounded quite good to me.

• Like 1

I don't know where to start.

Vocal performance excellent, super emotive and interesting.

Snare was excellent, just a perfect tone.

Laid-back yet driving groove, really excellent.

the mixture of guitars. excellent indeed.

The song? Excellent.

so if I'm really picking the nits on the nits . . . the initial groove was hard to catch in the first three seconds, something wasn't lining up maybe? And the acoustic/nylonish guitar on the right? in the intro, could use maybe a bit more short reverb? It sounds a tad dry and almost like the sustain has been cut off intentionally?

sheesh that was really excellent - great song and great skills.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 2

Beautiful vocals and guitar work, lazy chilled and kinda sexy,  reminds me of Kenny Rogers for some reason.  I think you love acoustic guitars as you get great tone from them without buzz etc great skill. Man i always get excited listening to peoples vibes on here and always makes me want to write another song, which i now will start thinking about today after just finishing one last weekend haha Cheers for inspiring me 

• Like 2

OK , I'm calling this one done and moving on. @noynekkerThanks for the extra time evaluating this one. You must have a better car stereo than I do. I wasn't very impressed with mine. @emeraldsoulThanks for getting picky. I found a low piano part conflicting with the nylon guitar in the intro. I corrected it but probably won't repost . Thanks to "everyone" for the help and comments.    mark 

• Like 2