Send Assignment Bug [Not a bug - problem solved]

Bill Phillips

Not sure this is a bug but it looks like one to me. I tried to line up sends for this template using the "None" send name from the dropdown for tracks without a send to one the send effects. I only have three (Verb, Delay and Phas). So I wanted the Verb on the top row, Delay on the second row and Phas on the third row. I thought having "None" as an option would allow me to do that.

But as the attached GIF shows, that doesn't work. Looks like Cakewalk has a mind of it's own on which sends can be named "None." for the track in the GIF, Cakewalk wants the top send to be the "None" send and the second one to be the "I Verb" send. Similar things happen in the other tracks.

FWIW, if this isn't the place to report bugs, I searched around and couldn't find a different place. Consider adding it to one of the forum header dropdowns. I think that would help me.

ZpleXid.gif

Edited by Bill Phillips
Clarify

This isn't a bug, but how the sends are ordered. 

Sends that are sent to "none" are essentially inactive, and will be moved to the bottom, whereas sends to active buses will be ordered in bus order as they appear in the bus section.

Because you're send levels are so similar this behaviour isn't immediately apparent - try setting one of your buses to 9pm and the other to 3pm, and watch how they're re-ordered when you change which bus they're sent to.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/8/2021 at 8:15 PM, msmcleod said:

This isn't a bug, but how the sends are ordered. 

Sends that are sent to "none" are essentially inactive, and will be moved to the bottom, whereas sends to active buses will be ordered in bus order as they appear in the bus section.

Because you're send levels are so similar this behaviour isn't immediately apparent - try setting one of your buses to 9pm and the other to 3pm, and watch how they're re-ordered when you change which bus they're sent to.

Thanks. I'd never noticed that. I was trying to have all the sends for a particular bus on the same row and was inserting inserts to "none" as spacers. Not a big deal. In my case the sends are to aux tracks and sends are not ordered in aux track order. Also not a big deal. I'm fine with the existing behavior.