IKM 25th Anniversary - 25 days of giveaways

TracingArcs

I had to log in, go to My Products page and then the message came up saying I was getting the free JP.

You can use JP to buy Gear Credits. And the more GC you buy at once, the cheaper it is. IOW, 25 GC will cost $24.99 - 7 JP= $17.99. Buy 1k GC will cost 549.99- 165JP=384.99.

So you get 1k worth of GC for way less than half the cost. How you use the GC, and how you are allowed to use your GC, is another story (be aware of restrictions). But they give you a deal on GC if you want it. 

But I can understand why IK doesn't allow GC and JP to be combined. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I now have 189$ of Jampoints. If they would allow to use them on top of the upgrade discount to Total Studio 3 Max, I would have bough it.

The recent deal for $299 was good enough for me since I got AT5 Max, the rest of TRacks, and Modo Drums, and B3.

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Young said:

Lightweight.  Mine is $322.  Those are hard to use now since I have IK everything. 

I used over $90  with the group buy last summer.    Nothing at the moment from IK that is calling me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grem said:

I had to log in, go to My Products page and then the message came up saying I was getting the free JP.

You can use JP to buy Gear Credits. And the more GC you buy at once, the cheaper it is. IOW, 25 GC will cost $24.99 - 7 JP= $17.99. Buy 1k GC will cost 549.99- 165JP=384.99.

So you get 1k worth of GC for way less than half the cost. How you use the GC, and how you are allowed to use your GC, is another story (be aware of restrictions). But they give you a deal on GC if you want it. 

Where can I find info about the restrictions? I've always been tempted to buy GC but I'm worried I'll regret it. Wouldn't be very useful to me if they can't be used on new releases.

17 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Where can I find info about the restrictions? I've always been tempted to buy GC but I'm worried I'll regret it. Wouldn't be very useful to me if they can't be used on new releases.

In custom shop I see an offer to upgrade to amplitude 5 Max shown in GC cost.  So seems I would be able to use GC’s for a newer release but curious as well how this would restrict me in the future. I have always focused on JP’s so didn’t even notice I had GC’s until I checked.

22 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Where can I find info about the restrictions?

Good question. This is all I could find on IK FAQ:

Custom Shop Gear Credits are the currency of the Custom Shop. They can be purchased either in the IK webstore or in the Custom Shop and used to pay up to $0.5 per credit (see more below). With the Gear Credits in your Custom Shop account, you can use those towards purchases of a-la-carte gear in the Custom Shop or towards Collections that appear in the Custom Shop.

I have added the bold type to highlight what I think are the keys to using GC. They are not Gear Credits to be used to buy anything. They are Custom Shop GC. They can only be used in the CS, and if IK offers a new product in the CS, then you can use your GC to purchase it. But if IK doesn't offer it in the CS, you out of luck. If you want that new item that's not offered in the CS, and you have many GC in your CS account, your SOL.

I have purchased stuff in CS using GC because I can get a discount buying them. But I don't buy much more than what I need.

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Grem said:

Good question. This is all I could find on IK FAQ:

Custom Shop Gear Credits are the currency of the Custom Shop. They can be purchased either in the IK webstore or in the Custom Shop and used to pay up to $0.5 per credit (see more below). With the Gear Credits in your Custom Shop account, you can use those towards purchases of a-la-carte gear in the Custom Shop or towards Collections that appear in the Custom Shop.

I have added the bold type to highlight what I think are the keys to using GC. They are not Gear Credits to be used to buy anything. They are Custom Shop GC. They can only be used in the CS, and if IK offers a new product in the CS, then you can use your GC to purchase it. But if IK doesn't offer it in the CS, you out of luck. If you want that new item that's not offered in the CS, and you have many GC in your CS account, your SOL.

That’s me, I’m SOL. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, abacab said:

Too bad you cannot combine Jam Points with Gear Credits. Or use Jam Points up to 100% of the purchase price. 🙄

*Since Larry's not here, gotta keep IKM on their toes, LOL!!!

It would be double dipping as you can use JamPoints toward your initial purchase of Gear Credits.

18 hours ago, abacab said:

Too bad you cannot convert Jam Points directly to Gear Credits! 😂

Same as above 🙂

14 hours ago, Grem said:

Yes, that is why they cannot be combined as you would use JamPoints on  your purchase of the Gear Credits themselves.

1 hour ago, RSMcGuitar said:

We have the general information about JamPoints posted at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints/

There's also an FAQ "Are JamPoints and Custom Shop Gear Credits the same thing?" at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1082

That states: "You can also use JamPoints towards a purchase of a Gear Credit pack to increase savings, which will discount your total. For steps on how to purchase Gear Credits using your JamPoints, please click here."

• Thanks 1